what kind of electric bicycles do you like?

superwoman

1 µW
I have done electric bike business for several years.In order for us to build the most popualr electric bikes,can you leave messages to me which ebikes do you like?

superwoman said:
I have done electric bike business for several years.In order for us to build the most popualr electric bikes,can you leave messages to me which ebikes do you like?

How about you just read the forum? won't be hard to find that out yourself.

The kind I like are fast, like 60mph fast, comfortable to ride, like full suspension comfortable, super dependable, like never breaking down or getting a flat tire, have a long range, like 120 miles range on a 10 minute recharge, weigh under 10lbs and cost about $98.00 to build.

I kind of like daydreaming as well. :lol:

:D :bolt:

Grantmac said:
I like the kind none of the big companies are building.

:bigthumb:

I like the one that my blood, sweat, and tears went into, with the goal of making a machine that has no parallel, and is perfect in my eyes.

You can't sell me one of those.

I don’t really like them, until I crashed them a few times. It is a love/hate relationship. :twisted:

Something like the Reliant Robin, but with pedals and enough KW to slacken jaws.

Hey, 3 wheels and pedals makes it a bike. I'd ride it.

Off the shelf bikes I like best would be those with lots of options. Like varying battery amp hour capacitiess, different tire sizes, front fork options, hyd. vs. mechanical brake options, and in the case of hub powered bikes, my choice of direct drive or gear drive. If gear drive is chosen, would like to further customize with a choice of Bafang or MAC, and be able to specify a motor wound for speed or torque.

In other words, you custom build the bike to order. Save me the trouble of sourcing everything, assembling, and of course, you warranty anything that goes wrong within a reasonable time.

neptronix said:
Grantmac said:
I like the kind none of the big companies are building.

:bigthumb:

I like the one that my blood, sweat, and tears went into, with the goal of making a machine that has no parallel, and is perfect in my eyes.

You can't sell me one of those.

+1 Nothing beats the satisfaction of using something you built as your primary mode of transportation, while exceeding the performance and reliability of anything store-bought.

Would like some as stealthy as a Gruber assist (aka Vivax) but if it could push at least 500-750W, that would be dope !

Matador

Id like the frames of the store bought bikes, but with the flexibility of having your own cont/battery and a variety of motors that fit the frames.

I like the kind that don't come from companies that can't be bothered to do actual research and reading.

Kinda like the university students that come here and post polls and such to have us basically write their papers for them, instead of learning how to do real work and real research.

Nobody builds them, but they could. My conversion of the OCC Chopper didn't turn out, nor the XGames Moto bike.

What I WOULD like would be versions better than mere conversions. Those were on the right track but need some engineering to be right from the ground up.

The closest thing to a success off the rack was this Electra Voy I picked up for maybe $75 and even though it was too small, too underpowered, geared to low for successful pedalling uphill, it was still pretty good. But that'll be quite an undertaking to build a bigger better version at home. My eCycle Dash had all the same problems, same size, power, etc., but a much worse bike.

The bikes people build for themselves because they build what they need. When you figure how to build what they need and not what marketing departments, governments, loud mouth activists, etc. tell you to build, maybe yours will be better.

What are the chances of THAT?

How about a frame who's tubing itself was the actual battery sled? Like a ridable flashlight. Removable lockable endcaps, twenty 18650's here, twenty 18650's there, until all of the tubes are full. Would make battery replacement a breeze, pack theft a thing of the past, improved stealth...

All it would take is engineering, testing, and presumably lots of money. Who's game?

Edit: I'll do you one better. Take a cue from track lighting and run a channel parallel with the tubes with 21 or so different traces in the track, then add slim pucks between the cells to give per cell BMS monitoring for every cell on the bike.

HK12K said:
How about a frame who's tubing itself was the actual battery sled?
Been done. There's some DIY builds like that, there's at least one frame design that was commercialized. IIRC one of the northwest USA ebike companies (faraday?) had at least one commercially available bike built that way. Probably others I don't remember or havent' heard about.

HK12K said:
Hey, 3 wheels and pedals makes it a bike. I'd ride it.
You can build yourself something like my SB Cruiser trike. Easy enough with a bit of beginner welding skill and enough scrap steel tubing, wood, etc.

If I had reliable controllers with the power I'd like, and motors with axles strong enough to actually handle the power they're otherwise capable of, I could do more with it, but it will still do quite a lot (300lb grocery loads, or a St Bernard or two. Add the trailer and it's hauled a piano.... ).

amberwolf said:
HK12K said:
How about a frame who's tubing itself was the actual battery sled?
Been done. There's some DIY builds like that, there's at least one frame design that was commercialized. IIRC one of the northwest USA ebike companies (faraday?) had at least one commercially available bike built that way. Probably others I don't remember or havent' heard about.
Seems a neat concept, especially for something like a 700c cyclocross or touring type of bike. Much of the beauty I imagine being in it's apparent simplicity at a glance, as well as easy user service-ablity. I suspect I'd ultimately want more cells than your average road frame could ever hope to hold however, though there is always rectangular tubing. Just a daydream, really.

Back