Aventon Pace eBikes any opinions?

MikeSSS

1 kW
These are aluminum frame, rear hub motor bikes using 36V lithium batteries. They have PAS and throttle.
Cost for the whole Pace 350 bike is about the same as a hub motor conversion and lithium battery. We have not tested the Pace 350 yet.

https://www.aventon.com/pages/pace-350-ebike

The one I rode, Pace 500 I think, had far too much unexpected power surge when using either pedal assist or throttle. It seemed to have no very slow riding ability.

A pedal assist Trek I rode had no such power delivery hesitation and unexpected power surge problems, it just multiplied pedal effort in a seamless and linear way. This Trek was very easy to ride and it had no high risk unexpected and unwanted surge problems with power delivery.

Conversion bikes I've used had throttle only and had entirely predictable power delivery.

Anyway, any opinions of Aventon Pace bikes?

Thanks, Mike S

ES caters (or attracts?) to the DIY crowd. Specifically the way in-depth DIY crowd, lol.

by Corkster52 » Sep 08 2021 12:19pm

I'm considering a similar bike and it's a shame you have gotten no feedback.

Ok, feedback from a DIY'er. It looks good. It will not go 20 mph for 20 miles so that is misleading, not that they say it. 350w would be ok for the EU. They are using lbs and mph that would be USA. 36V is on the way out. Here it's 750w and 48V. So if you like to peddle but hills would be hard to get up. It's only a 7 speed, I could never get it up to 20 mph with low peddle assist. The throttle would drain the battery before I road 20 miles.

It's not for me. could take the $1,200 and get kit and make a much better ebike.

Back