More breakage

markz

100 TW
Seat post rack, was able to make it home without too much rubber burning :oops:
Too slow in my plans to add metal from seat stays to rack.

breakage1.jpg

breakage2.jpg

breakage3.jpg

Much better for that to happen than it be too strong and for the seat post to come with it..
Maybe next time give it another point of support if you can?

My least favorite way to mount a battery to a bike for sure..

I am now back to hoping that the battery will fit in the triangle and using Gorilla Duct Tape, and a long hose clamp hidden underneath. It wont fit until I get the old Makita's out of the new Ryobi's.

I've been thinking about it, the Ryobi's are 3Ah cans, and the Makita's are 1.6Ah cans, so the Makita's are dragging the Ryobis down on the 10S pack.

I took a 1/4" mdf wood (my usual go to for duct tape protection) off the top, threw on a car cleaning rag and taped her up. I had no cardboard as it was in the basement.
She fits snug :thumb:
Taped her up with some Gorilla tape, that stuff is THICK! (Thats what she says ;) )
Good to go! :bigthumb:

BTW The Bell elastromer seat is still surving 375lbs'ish (the scale aint calibrated at the gym ;) )

Bell seat is surviving.jpg

Now what I noticed right off the top, as I've had many a configurations of battery placement.

- The new setup is easy to move the bike around when stopped. Lifting up the rear or what have you.
- Ease of hand placement to move the bike around. Before I was always fighting where to put my hand.... back of the seat post rack battery, hand could never fit under the seat but thats bad as it wrecks many a seat for me.
- Riding wise, much more nimble.
The triangle on the costco fat bike seems smaller, but then again I am used to Townie Electra, and Norco Santiago cruisers.

As you might have seen, it has installed on the fatty which has installed on it a 100mm Cyclone BB with motor mount brackets.
Ideally it would have the C4K installed, but I have run into a problem with crank arm pedal threads being cored out. Luckily I purchased crank arms with the BB, but I cant take the crank freewheel off, as I did not buy the tool so I make one today, or next week, or next month, or buy a crankset from Luna.... or wait until spring.

Why a front motor you guys ask....
It was $180cdn delivered.
It was collecting dust.
It was what I had that was working and ready go, plug & play.
Easier and faster for me to build a 36V pack from tool pack batteries which are 5S.
I smoked my rear mxus 3kw hub.
Front hub works and gets me around, for now.
I kinda dig that its wimpy 36V 25A and I have to pedal on the slopes.

I have a Leaf 1500W on my Norco Santiago cruiser and a Greentime 48V 40A ready for solder but that is going to be my spring/summer/fall ebike.

Did I mention this is my main means of transportation and I ride each and every day of the year whether its rain, snow, fog, ice.

MarkZ
You made right decision on mounting your battery in frame triangle.
Poor seat post is definitely NOT design to carry such weight battery
Also in my book luggage rack is for carring yes the luggage.

Congrats on fitting the battery into a more secure place.

markz said:
Did I mention this is my main means of transportation and I ride each and every day of the year whether its rain, snow, fog, ice.

That's pretty badass.

Back