New 1000w Geared hub MXUS XFC19

1boris

100 W
Hi,
Just got my new Mxus XFC19 motor
it is bigger than the bafang BPM and has bigger gear reduction,bigger and wider stator.
The gear reduction is 1:5.8
weight is 4.7 kg
Magnet width is 27 or 28 mm

Most of the pictures are from this site and its a non casette version,but the rest of the motor is the same
https://electrotransport.ru/ussr/index.php?topic=58797.54#topmsg

Attachments

• 15oas06_thumb.jpeg
    15oas06_thumb.jpeg
    14.7 KB · Views: 8,270
  • 1ap28w2_thumb.jpeg
    1ap28w2_thumb.jpeg
    17 KB · Views: 8,266
  • xjy0vk_thumb.jpeg
    xjy0vk_thumb.jpeg
    10.7 KB · Views: 8,266
  • 17madvw_thumb.jpeg
    17madvw_thumb.jpeg
    17.9 KB · Views: 8,268
  • 15njutn.jpeg
    15njutn.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 8,268
  • y05ae2_thumb.jpeg
    y05ae2_thumb.jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 8,266
  • IMG_20191107_125744357.jpg
    IMG_20191107_125744357.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 8,267
  • IMG_20191107_125739065.jpg
    IMG_20191107_125739065.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 8,266
The motor was very cheap 104 usd and 67 usd for shipping to Norway

Attachments

• IMG_20191107_125717384.jpg
    IMG_20191107_125717384.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 8,247
That looks good!
What controller will you use on it? And do you have a link to where you bought it?
Please update this thread with results when you have it built in the bike and used it.

Hi,
I bought it from Claire,I belive she is sales manager on MXUS.I have bought from her before.I trust her,she is nice to deal with.Also I havent seen this casette version before she told me about it.Dont think you find it anywhere on alibaba.I asked for 40 kmh at 48volt.Production took one week I was told.And that was correct.It was shipped wih TNT after 8 days.
I only have a 48volt battery an 18 amp controller,but I will upgrade later.
Here is the adress:

MXUS EBIKE CONVERSION KIT
Claire Jin
Mail: Claire@mxusebikekit.com
Whatsapp: +86-13585320165
Wechat: 13585320165

So is it the same as this motor or not. I see one of your pic showing the GDR-19:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2019-MXUS-48V-1000W-powerful-ebike_60835187546.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.22.9d5b6d1f6QuUsJ

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=100143&p=1507700#p1469866

yes,it is the same motor,only difference is my motor is a casette version.I havent found that on alibaba

It seems to be a bit noisy,hope it will be much better with a sinwave controller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=TdSJz6CVDIw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNPLzitrz8k

1boris said:
It seems to be a bit noisy,hope it will be much better with a sinwave controller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=TdSJz6CVDIw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNPLzitrz8k

Seems like it accelerates pretty well. :thumb:

140mm dropout and 6 speed freewheel? that's bizarre.

Quite heavy compared to a MAC. If it's capable of more power than a MAC, cool. If not, eh...

neptronix said:

Quite heavy compared to a MAC. If it's capable of more power than a MAC, cool. If not, eh...

Isn't a MAC a lot more expensive?

it's a lot more expensive, yeah. But you get what you pay for.

I guess it depends on your priorities. This is a cheap motor.. but i was thinking maybe there'd be something impressive about it.

neptronix said:

As you see on the picture it is a cassette version.It has higher gear redction 1:5.8 and wider stator than the Mac.So I am hoping it is a good motor.I havent had any problems using 140 mm wide motors on my bikes before.

If this motor can take 1kW continuous it is already a great deal at that price. Would be nice if it can be overvolted to 60-72V at 25A continuous...

Interesting tidbit on the website.

2-year warranty.

It is NOT necessary to send the broken part back, just pictures or video, and one more thing.

"the serious number".

This is the brand of my 5 year old motor, I chose this brand largely because I could not find any breakage reports. None. Anywhere. After a few years of looking.

The price alone is an outstanding feature, though the rating seems to be 500W rather than 1000W, though that is a somewhat flexible number.

There's tons of reports of MXUS stuff breaking. They're kind of middle of the pack when it comes to quality. Getting replacement parts for their geared motors has always been hard. I've seen a lot of vendors here in the states buy their products and then back off from the relationship. I don't exactly know why.

I've had MXUS motors before and they were fine. Never seen them innovate anything. Generally they offer a great bang for the buck though. The only thing i'm salty about is the MXUS "3kW" in which they totally lied about the continuous power rating.

Consider that this is a new product and that a lot of people haven't even used one. You're the guinea pig / pioneer. Luckily it's a cheap experiment. I hope one of you buys it, tears it apart, and wails on it until the gears turn into peanut butter and lets us know what it is really capable of.

neptronix said:
There's tons of reports of MXUS stuff breaking.
Especially axles. :/

I wonder what they make them from, and what process they use to do it?

Another problem that at least their "3k" (450x) motors have is some of them end up with shorts of one (or more) phase windings to the stator laminations, at the outer lamination of the stack where the wire changes to/from the end turns. (I have one like this that I was able to fix by lifting up the windings with ziptie leavings, and then drizzle CoronaDope down into the windings).

amberwolf said:
Another problem that at least their "3k" (450x) motors have is some of them end up with shorts of one (or more) phase windings to the stator laminations, at the outer lamination of the stack where the wire changes to/from the end turns. (I have one like this that I was able to fix by lifting up the windings with ziptie leavings, and then drizzle CoronaDope down into the windings).

How does that happen? Doesn't the enamel on the windings prevent that?

Still cool to see a geared motor with a bit wider magnets, and more copper.

Bear in mind though, you punish any gear motor the way we like to punish DD's, it can't shed the heat very good. So once you get it nice and hot, it will roast those halls at least.

But even so, more magnet and copper should result in less bogging down on a hill with a heavy load. Meaning it gets less hot on the hill, if it doesn't bog down to less than 10-12 mph. ( 26"wheels) Still not a cargo bike motor IMO, but it should be a better choice if you weigh more than 200 pounds, than a typical geared motor.

I'd like to see a front geared motor made for rickshaws. It would be larger diameter, allowing a very low gear ratio planetary gear to fit inside. Then 500w would be plenty to haul 4 people around, at 5-10 mph.

A 350w MXUS geared rear hub drive was "adapted" to a Dolomite for a friend and it was bulletproof. Used it for awhile, then transferred to an MTB with similar great performance for a small motor.

If I'm correct a MAC has 0.27mm lamination so it would be nice if this MXUS also has thin lamination. That would help with efficiency and less heat produced.

tolkaNo said:
It will, if there is no damage to it.

But if the metal of the laminations is in direct contact with the windings, at the sharp edge of the outer lamination, and the windings are tensioned against that edge, vibration will cut thru the enamel, and you end up with the winding wire in direct contact with the metal lamination.

Sometimes the winding is made so tight during manufacture it cuts thru the enamel right then. (this happens to people rewinding motors fairly frequently)

If they correctly used insulation like "fish paper" or Nomex, so that none of the windings or laminations could come in contact like that, this couldn't happen.

They should also use the Nomex between the phases, so wherever the windings overlap or touch between them, the Nomex would insulate, preventing dangerous inter-winding shorts that can brake the motor wheel.

It would also help if windings overheat, damaging the enamel, to help prevent a short between phases, or between lamniations and windings.

amberwolf said:
tolkaNo said:
It will, if there is no damage to it.

But if the metal of the laminations is in direct contact with the windings, at the sharp edge of the outer lamination, and the windings are tensioned against that edge, vibration will cut thru the enamel, and you end up with the winding wire in direct contact with the metal lamination.

Sometimes the winding is made so tight during manufacture it cuts thru the enamel right then. (this happens to people rewinding motors fairly frequently)

If they correctly used insulation like "fish paper" or Nomex, so that none of the windings or laminations could come in contact like that, this couldn't happen.

They should also use the Nomex between the phases, so wherever the windings overlap or touch between them, the Nomex would insulate, preventing dangerous inter-winding shorts that can brake the motor wheel.

It would also help if windings overheat, damaging the enamel, to help prevent a short between phases, or between lamniations and windings.

Interesting, sounds like pretty shitty QC on MXUS's behalf

Any updates on this motor? Was thinking of picking one up since the MAC motors are out of stock for an unknown amount of time at this point. The seller ChamRider on AliExpress has a kit with this motor, a 40A sinewave controller, and a 48v 24ah 13s5p hailong pack with Chinese 21700 cells for about $550 shipped and I'm tempted to pull the trigger.

Back