Need a replacement conversion kit

phytema

1 mW
My controller is probably at the end of its life and I might have to replace the rear wheel hub motor too. Could you recommend another conversion kit? (1500w hub motor, 60v sinewave controller (model KT60SVPRK-SLS02G), see attached pictures).

Thanks

controller 1.jpg
controller 2.jpg
View attachment 2

Hi all

I need a 1500w rear hub wheel and a 60v controller (model no KT60SVPRK-SLS02G or similar). My battery pack is 60v/18ah.

Long story short, I got an e-bike from an online retailer in the UK who isn't in business anymore and they said they purchased the conversion kit from RisunMotor/Hallomotor (probably the same company trading under different names). I've been trying to contact them but they either don't respond or ignore my questions and reply with copy-pasted generic responses ( :evil: ).

I am based in Hull, UK.

controller.jpg

I have the 29" voilamart 1500w kit. It was $200 on ebay without the LED display, but I cant see any 29" kits for sale at the moment.

This is a 26" kit though for $193.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Voilamart-Electric-Bicycle-E-Bike-26-Front-Rear-Wheel-Motor-Conversion-Kit/322247604604?epid=8030522052&hash=item4b0774397c%3Am%3Am5SyndafORRdwPaWEhveS0g&LH_BIN=1

try this one https://www.leafbike.com/products/diy-bike-conversion-kit/26-inch-48v-52v-1000w-rear-wheel-electric-hub-motor-kit-1067.html

Glens carzy ebike said:
ebay ones don't last that long

The controller maybe, but you can buy a replacement for $30-40. The motor is generic and won't get overworked with the ebay controller. Still more than half the cost of leafbike.

Lots of ebay motors have lasted a very long time, its the controllers that dont last. I just buy sensorless from Greentime and call it a day, stock up on a few throttles, throw in a spare controller and call it a day.

I don't see a clear reason why you need a new kit. In the one post you mention broken spokes. So get the wheel rebuilt. Make sure that they rebuild using a smaller gauge, high quality butted spoke. Go to someone who is known for doing good wheel re-builds, or do it yourself.

If there is other information that you've left out that argues for a new kit, then please include it.

As for ebay kits, I'm a few hundred miles from completing 10,000 miles on my kit. Everything appears to be working fine after a little more than two years - except that I too had the spoke breakage problem and had the wheel rebuilt.

Glens carzy ebike said:
ebay ones don't last that long

Sure they do. Their major weakness is that they use 12 gauge spokes that will probably start breaking after a few thousand miles. But Leafbike's description says that they also use 12 gauge spokes. So those are likely to start breaking at a similar point as well.

I had a Risun Sun/Conhismotor/Hallo motor... etc... from what i could tell, they're just one of the better/higher end Chinese ebike suppliers. But unlike the higher end companies - they used the generic controllers - KT lcd displays, etc. So if you take a picture of the connections on your controller - I'm sure we can confirm that the generic 48v-72v Controller on ebay/amazon should work. But why do you need everything? Is something not working?

Back