Will this middrive kit work fine with my Jamis Gravel Bike?

nidenikolev

1 µW
I have a Jamis Renegade Exploit Gravel Bike: https://www.theproscloset.com/products/jamis-renegade-exploit-54cm-bike-2017

I would like to buy a BAFANG BBSHD MID DRIVE EBIKE KIT (1000watt) from Luna Cycles with a 52v Luna Dire Wolf LG MJ1 21ah Battery : https://lunacycle.com/bafang-bbshd-1000w-middrive-kit/

My question is, how difficult will this setup be? I will be going to my local bike shop to have the bottom bracket taken off, but I'll be doing the installation afterwards. I made sure the threading of the BB is compatible with a mid-drive kit, so no issues there.

Anyone do a similar build and can give some insights on what to expect?

I've installed BBS02's on similar frames, so should be straightforward. Probably that bike has a 73mm bottom bracket, so you're not going to be able to use the "jam" nut to "back" the one that secures the motor to the frame. Use lots of Locktite.

nidenikolev ,

Gravel Bikes were designed to be a lighter weight and faster way to travel off road or on not paved roads.
So any heavy mid-drive is , Not , what you want.

Right now there is one option for a light weight mid-drive , made by Paul D in Southern Oregon USA.
There are other small light weight mid-drives being developed right now but not yet available.
From what I have seen Paul D's is a very well made unit that I would personally use for off road and non paved road use.
I am mostly riding on paved roads these days so I went with something else ( that is heavy like the Befang's )
So I can say from Experience ... you want something lighter weight than a 7-8 pound mid-drive .
The Befang's are around 10 pounds .
You can find Paul D in the Non-Hub Motor Drives Bicycle section and in the For Sale New section's .

You can take off the bottom bracket yourself with a cheap tool from amazon.

A better motor is the cyc x1 pro. But the bafang will work fine if it fits.

Back