I need help with my electric bike kit

jpastrana1763

10 µW
I bought an electric bike kit before is was running so well after I decided to change the throttler I lost all my good connections so the bike stop running,could anybody help me with that,I will be so grateful for it
I’m very happy to find this forum so I’m send you a welcome for this new friends

"was running so well after I decided to change the throttler I lost all my good connections"

What have you done?
Did you atleast purchase a new throttle and hook it up?

If you connect a throttle wrong, in some cases, it can fry the throttle. The situation is with 4 wire throttles, where one wire is 36 or 48v. The other three wires are 5v, allowing the possibility of 48v connection to fry the hall sensor.

Snap a picture of your wiring with a phone, re size it smaller in Microsoft paint, and show us what you have.

dogman dan said:
If you connect a throttle wrong, in some cases, it can fry the throttle. The situation is with 4 wire throttles, where one wire is 36 or 48v. The other three wires are 5v, allowing the possibility of 48v connection to fry the hall sensor.
it can also fry the controller (and any display) if the battery voltage connects (directly or thru a failed component) to a low voltage wire or signal that goes back to the controller/etc.

Do you have a link for your motor kit ? What does lost all my connections mean ? How many wires do you have for your throttle three or four ?

If you revisit this thread:

• Reconnect everything the same as it was before.
  • Take a picture of the throttle connector from the controller,
  • Take a picture of the new throttle and connector,
  • Post both pictures here.

Thanks to everyone but i was no able to check the post I will take pictures of everything separate I need to taste everything before ,how can I taste the motor and the controller? I’m more interesting in to taste the motor cause I think the problem is there

jpastrana1763 said:
I’m more interesting in to taste the motor cause I think the problem is there
some analysis to help you find problems (of any kind):

exactly why do you think the motor is the problem?

what did you change about the motor, or what specifically and exactly happened to the motor, that would cause it to not work? if nothing was changed and nothing happened to it, then there is no reason to think it is the problem.

if you make a change in a working system, and it doesnt' work, then the change you made caused the problem.

if the system wasn't working before you made the change, then you have to list exactly everythign that happened to it before it stopped working, because one of those things is probably the cause.

jpastrana1763 said:
Also can I put a 1500 watts controller in my 1000 watt motor,it is save or not?

Well controllers are labeled for voltage and discharge amps, VxA=W, W is meaningless on its own.

What motor do you have?
Just because the seller says its a 1000W motor is meaningless, because the seller wants to sell that same motor to 250W UK'ers, 500W Aussies, 750W Americans and 1000W Canadians.

Friend I was asking about the 1500 watt controller cause I intalled one before in my bike but after that the bike started with no power connection I thought I fry my motor

Back