Build a Super 73 Clone.

Cajunjay78

1 µW
I really like the look of the super 73 and there are many other similar bikes on the market.

But finding a frame to start a build from is impossible, Ive looked everywhere and there isnt anywhere selling that type of frame.

Wondering if anybody else has seen these bikes and considered building one :)

Attachments

• super73.png
    super73.png
    213.9 KB · Views: 2,914
Best bet is to grab a couple of old frame and weld something together

As noted above, Luna uses the bike from Coast Cycles which is available unconverted. Not that great a deal IMO for $1150 plus tax and shipping.

Looks like an old minibike frame. I had a Rupp that looked similar. Maybe scout out some old minibikes(which you could get Cheap since you don't need a working engine)? The plus of that being that some of them have rear shocks too. Maybe throw on MTB fork on it if you want something nicer/more modern and a disk brake. That could make a cool build.

The Luna cycle one is nice but way to expensive!

The super 73 is very similar to the Rupp bike you had, there rare to find now.

Ive now been searching for mini bike frames they are impossible to find in UK but in the states there are plenty if options.

Attachments

• rupp.jpg
    rupp.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 2,831
You can buy them in China. Search Alibaba. You will find them cheap, even frame manufacturers if you are persistent.

This thread now has me thinking an old Rupp or similar frame could make a really fun little around town e-scooter. That engine space with the big platform for mounting could work really well for a large battery. Motor could be in the engine space or hub type. Mine was well made. I beat on it into my teenage years. It took off-road abuse at 25-30mph and small jumps from someone over 100lbs. I'd feel confident in the build quality. I wonder what it would take to get something like that legalized... Just lights and a plate, or is there a lot more to it?

Checked alibaba and there was a model already "electrified" for $600, but who knows how much the shipping would cost, and I didn't check. Didn't see anything on aliexpress. Juiced Bikes had their City Scrambler for $1399 recently. Not a bad deal for a 52V, 750w (AIR), 28 mph system.

Back