Stealth Bomber type electric enduro purchase

E5J7R

1 W
Code:
These are the specs for my bike Build with parts from the manufacturer (chengtzau domain inc. They said it would be just two or three boxes together. I’m excited and nervous. I’m a beginner at building much of anything and still have to buy some more tools lol. I’m a quick learner and pretty handy when I have to be so... this should be interesting. Any advice on tools or anything else would be appreciated.

This is my bike specs.

White color 72v5000w with 40ah Samsung cell battery Max speed 70km/h,range about 70kmSpec:
1.5000w motor with 80a controller
2.72v40ah Panasonic cell battery with 5a charger
3.Zoom fork
4.26*2.6 Kenda Mountain tyre
5.UKC1 colour display
6.Bicycle seat+motorcycle seat
7.PAS
8.Shimano 7 freewheel
9.Tektro Hydraulic brake
10.Dnm rear shock
11.rear brake light,fenders

E5J7R said:
They said

White color 72v5000w with 40ah Samsung cell battery Max speed 70km/h,range about 70kmSpec:
1.5000w motor with 80a controller
2.72v40ah Panasonic cell battery with 5a charger

Yeah your seller is totally truthful.
Samsung battery no no Panasonic....
...yeah gotcha, honest seller.

Not INR18650-25R Samsung
No no
please dont specify specifically seller exactly what people are buying
customers want vague statements

Link please?

Let us know the landed price after you get it, maybe customs duty?

Sounds like something like this in white?

https://www.amazon.com/3000W-8000W-Powerful-Electric-Mountain-Cruiser/dp/B07PN345WV?th=1&psc=1

E5J7R said:
Wow I’m so happy that this site exists, I just bought a full bike today from the manufacturer (chengtzau domain inc.). I don’t know if it will cone as a kit or as a partially assembled full bike. They said it would be just two or three boxes together. I’m excited and nervous. I’m a beginner at building much of anything and still have to buy some more tools lol. I’m a quick learner and pretty handy when I have to be so... this should be interesting. Any advice on tools or anything else would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like an interesting bike, do you have a link to it?

Most ebikes can be maintained with basic hand tools plus a spoke wrench and a volt meter.

Just some basic stuff, though:
Combination box wrench set, Metric. - Adjustable wrenches are best for making hex head nuts round. Fixed size box wrenches are much better for turning nuts and bolts. Cheap is fine, unless you use them often.

A set of Allen wrenches, Metric. Cheap is fine, here, too.

A good set of screwdrivers. - A little known fact, Philips head screwdrivers are a consumable item. The bits wear out quickly, in as little as 300 screws. Many people who keep them in a kitchen drawer and use them maybe 5 times a year may never wear them out, but if you use it often, the edges get dull, and it's more likely to strip a screw. Buy a good set with hardened tips. it's worth it.

A spoke wrench. Invest in a good one, it's worth it. - A new bike will loosen it's spokes every few hundred miles for the first few thousand, and need tightening. Loose spokes cause spoke breakage, wheel and hub damage, tube punctures, and eventual wheel failure. A normal ebike, around 350 to 500 watts, will do so much faster. Your Chinese Ebike with more than 10 times normal ebike power, will probably need it's spokes checked every ride for the first couple thousand miles.

A volt meter. Preferably one with Ohm readings too. Cheap but reliable is fine, but the better you get, the better off you'll be.

Thank you all for replying... even the negative comments... all opinions welcome , sorry it took so long.

This is my first time replying so I’m trying to figure out how to address you all individually. Let me see

Link to supplier:

czdomain.en.alibaba.com

I can’t find a direct link but this is when I copy and paste it

Check out this product on Alibaba App 1000w 2000w 3000w 5000w 8000w electric enduro e bike frame for bomber ebike

I’m attaching a picture they took of my bike I’m guessing after testing but before shipping (comes fully aseembled except for the front fork, front wheel , handlebars need to be mounted, and battery needs to be installed.).

Oh here are some more specs I have slowly learned about and asked them about my bike:
- motor rated: 3000w
- motor peak rated: just under 6000w
- motor maximum (burst for a few seconds) rating: ???
- motor 205 3T 21W,Y wind, slotted, 50mm magnet ht.
- C rating of battery: 2
Continuous discharge 80A, Burst discharge 100A
- bms 100A
- square wave controller w/240a phase current
- Size 203 disc (brakes)

I have bought a cycle satiator to help with life of battery.
I had to custom make a 3 pin XLR to 2 pin XLR/trs cable jack adapter for it bc my bike uses the 2 pin XLR oof!

I ordered the motorcycle seat but will only use that for off road bc I don’t want extra hassle from police when riding in limited economy mode on the road.

:::::Replies :::::

Drunkskunk:
Thanks so much for the tools list. So far I have everything you listed except for the spoke wrench which I will order now.

MikeSSS:
Yeah, I sure hope so... 😎

E-HP:
very similar... a couple little differences, but yes.

markz:
I clarified with her and it is Panasonic... I had originally ordered the Samsung 72v 25ah and upgraded to the panasonic so she typed wrong on my messaging with her which is what I copied. But yeah I’m taking a chance and hopefully it will turn out ok. I’m learning super rapidly now and will check it all out and verify for myself , take pictures and I’ll update you. I just have to wait until probably beginning of July to receive it.

Are you by chance an Australia Stealth Bomber Customer or Employee by chance? Just askin cuz it seems like maybe you have a dog in this fight for some reason. Thanks for the comment though cuZ I’m a little skeptical myself but keeping my hopes up. I just can’t come close to affording a $12,000 bike myself.

John61ct:
I supposedly paid all customs / brokerage/ import duty fees already in the cost. $1720 Plus $490 shipping fees for a total of $2210

Attachments

• 3E1091DD-6870-4660-98D5-6F1B0CD8ABEC.jpeg
    3E1091DD-6870-4660-98D5-6F1B0CD8ABEC.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,489
  • 177456F0-DCCF-4C8E-B45E-DA4949B3473C.jpeg
    177456F0-DCCF-4C8E-B45E-DA4949B3473C.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,489
  • 3D2D2319-FA9C-4C53-9E44-154798BC3A25.jpeg
    3D2D2319-FA9C-4C53-9E44-154798BC3A25.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 1,489
‘’for a total of $2210’’

That is cheap. I don’t want to add to negative comments, only making sure that you have realistic expectations.

2000$ to me, is the cost of a good fork, or a good battery. The motor can be reliable to ride 70 mph and accelerate most motorcycles on a start, but nothing of the bike is up to it.

MadRhino said:
That is cheap. I don’t want to add to negative comments, only making sure that you have realistic expectations.

But why be so negative?
Why not

Negative comments were meant to caution the OP on not expecting too much. Was it too harsh on a new fishie, na not at all for 2:45 am. I will try to be more warm and welcoming next time, knowing I probably scared that fishie off, we need all the converts we can get over here at the DIY EV forums.

It does help to improve safety, because a fast bike built with cheap components is dangerous for those who are expecting it to be safe for the task. It does help to warn newbies that when it does seem to good to be true, it isn’t. It does help to grow this forum with conscious builders and riders.

Or, maybe you believe that we must comfort them in their fairytale illusions? So many are coming here thinking that an ebike can ride like a motorcycle for the cost of a good pair of brake, or that one can ride 40mph for 100 miles on a budget. We can start a thread for those, and grow the forum with only positive comments. Then we will soon have a forum of ignorants, giving counseling to even better ignorants.

Note... I never complained about harsh treatment myself ... no one is scared off. If ya read my reply I thanked him and welcomed all opinions... but I do appreciate the concern guys. 😉👍

Oh I noticed my bad grammar when I said “this is my bike specs” lol. .... these are....oof

MadRhino said:
‘’for a total of $2210’’

2000$ to me, is the cost of a good fork, or a good battery. The motor can be reliable to ride 70 mph and accelerate most motorcycles on a start, but nothing of the bike is up to it.

While the total bike is cheap you are over doing it saying you need 2k for a good fork or battery.

To op quickly replace that bikes front,rear shock and brakes. Do not expect the battery to last long.

boytitan said:
MadRhino said:
‘’for a total of $2210’’

While the total bike is cheap you are over doing it saying you need 2k for a good fork or battery.

To op quickly replace that bikes front,rear shock and brakes. Do not expect the battery to last long.

To MadRhino
Thx for responding... for the price I believe it is worth it as a starting point. For another 1500$ I can probably upgrade most of what it needs to be safe and then I will still have a good bike for a fair price and maybe learn a lot in the process. So I’m happy still.

To boytitan :
My bike has the DNM burner rear suspension (same as actual stealth bomber factory bikes).
I will upgrade my front forks to the $400 DNM usd-8s volcanoes (also standard on some/most stealth factory bikes). I know they aren’t the best but they will do. I’m not taking it on any downhills or motocross tracks. Just commuting and some light off-road until I get more skilled (I haven’t ridden much since I rode bmx as a kid so I’m rusty as hell) The dnm’s can’t be all that bad if they are standard on $10,000 b-52 that everyone seems to love... what do you think?

It's reasonable. The usd8 isn't going to win any awards but it's a fine choice for a budget fork that probably won't fail and kill you, unless you're really trying.

Do you know what it's using for a swingarm bushing? Some of them were using a squishy rubber bushing which was by all accounts terrible and bordered on unsafe. If yours shipped that way I would suggest looking into replacing it with an appropriate bearing sooner rather than later. Stay on top of the bolt torque, if it backs out it'll eat itself.

Also, nordlock washers. I suggest you get them and put them on the swingarm bolt, motor axles and clamping dropouts (if so equipped) at the very least. Without them things will loosen and damage can occur or worse. Speaking of loosening, make sure to do a pre-flight check before every ride and check for proper torque specs. At least for a while while you figure out what's going to be inclined to loosen up and what isn't.

‘’ The dnm’s can’t be all that bad if they are standard on $10,000 b-52 that everyone seems to love... what do you think? ‘’

What I think? Sure you want to know?
That is where they make the profit. Why would they sell you a bike with a 650$ shock if you can’t tell the difference with a 119$ Chinese shock imitation? :mrgreen:

Very few ebikes are sold equipped with quality components. Consider them good if they admit it from the start and offer a list of optional upgrades. Like what? Like a better frame for 1000$ extra. That, would have been a good start. :D

I'm sure that I posted in this topic. Did a Mod erase my post, and if so, why? It was inoffensive - I just noted that if you can get a serviceable bike like this for that price, I'd consider one myself, so I could pedal to where I wanted to want to ride offroad. I did mention wanting a Light Bee but dismissing that idea because you can't really ride it as a bicycle.

by pedal do you mean to propel the bike, or just ghost pedal along with the motor.. bc pedalling any of these bikes without gravity or motor power would not be fun for long..

LeftieBiker said:
I'm sure that I posted in this topic. Did a Mod erase my post, and if so, why?
No logs of any deletions/etc.

amberwolf said:
LeftieBiker said:
I'm sure that I posted in this topic. Did a Mod erase my post, and if so, why?
No logs of any deletions/etc.

There is a common "undocumented feature" in these BBS type forums that asks you if you want to read a new post before posting yours - which would be ok if it gave the message before you clicked on "submit" instead of afterward. That probably got me. Thanks.

HK12K said:
It's reasonable. The usd8 isn't going to win any awards but it's a fine choice for a budget fork that probably won't fail and kill you, unless you're really trying.

Do you know what it's using for a swingarm bushing? Some of them were using a squishy rubber bushing which was by all accounts terrible and bordered on unsafe. If yours shipped that way I would suggest looking into replacing it with an appropriate bearing sooner rather than later. Stay on top of the bolt torque, if it backs out it'll eat itself.

Also, nordlock washers. I suggest you get them and put them on the swingarm bolt, motor axles and clamping dropouts (if so equipped) at the very least. Without them things will loosen and damage can occur or worse. Speaking of loosening, make sure to do a pre-flight check before every ride and check for proper torque specs. At least for a while while you figure out what's going to be inclined to loosen up and what isn't.

No, I don’t know what bushing it is but i sure will find out now... thx really!
I got a torque wrench so ill keep up with the bolts etc..
Ill also look into nordlock washers...
Thx again this is exactly the type of info i was hoping to get by posting here.

I just bought the forks and i stupidly ordered the tapered ones so now I’m waiting for them to approve my cancellation ....grrrrr lol.

Back