Anyone know the PSd code for my display type?

Hi,

i just bought me a beginners MTB bike to start trailing in the woods and have some fun with my kids! To be exact its this one - https://www.biltema.dk/fritid/cykler/elcykler/elcykel-wide-tire-mtb-275-7-gear-2000043706

I have been reading about changing the max speed of the bike and have gotten in to the PSd menu where it needs a pin code.. but i have so far tried 0000, 1234, 1919, 0512, 3771, 3772, 3773 with no luck.. Does anyone happen to know the code for this bike type?

i have ordered the bafang programming cable but as i know little to nothing about it i hoped it would be easier to just change the speed in the display rather than hooking it up to my pc and start breaking stuff.. also i noticed the Cable that goes to the display from the controller is actually the same connector as all the programming cables i could find? seems they have switched it for this type of bike so i ordered some extension cables with male to male to work around it.. :)

Also can anyone tell me what type of motor, controller and display it actually uses? all the numbers and letters on it doesnt return anything on google :)

Thanks in advance!

Here is some photos off all the parts that might be necessary, couldnt find the controller but i believe its somewhere in the frame :confused:

https://imgur.com/a/3KsDJhO

Anyone recognise this board?

EDIT : I found out its a ananda but not the model unfortunately.

https://imgur.com/a/JBwX3mT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have a Bafang motor
Just buy a generic controller and hope your battery powers it up, otherwise you need to rip out the batteries BMS and circuitry boards then hook it up to the generic controller and you will no longer have a speed limiting issue. Depending on the voltage of the battery, you match that voltage with your new generic controller, grab a throttle while your at it.

https://evfittinggreentime.aliexpress.com/store/313864

christiansena said:
I have been reading about changing the max speed of the bike
First, put the bike upside down, and try max throttle. Note down the speedometer reading.

Next, take a long ride to run the battery down a lot. Put the bike upside down, and try max throttle after that long ride. Note down the speedometer reading.

If the reading is identical, then there is a speed limit you're hitting.

If the readings are different, then it is much more likely you're limited by the voltage of the battery vs the motor winding vs the wheel size (and possibly the power output dependign on road condtions, if speed is much lower when riding than offground).

markz said:
You have a Bafang motor
Just buy a generic controller and hope your battery powers it up, otherwise you need to rip out the batteries BMS and circuitry boards then hook it up to the generic controller and you will no longer have a speed limiting issue. Depending on the voltage of the battery, you match that voltage with your new generic controller, grab a throttle while your at it.

https://evfittinggreentime.aliexpress.com/store/313864

Seems like that is a bit outside my skill set.. hope its just a matter of programming the limit instead :D

amberwolf said:
christiansena said:
I have been reading about changing the max speed of the bike
First, put the bike upside down, and try max throttle. Note down the speedometer reading.

Next, take a long ride to run the battery down a lot. Put the bike upside down, and try max throttle after that long ride. Note down the speedometer reading.

If the reading is identical, then there is a speed limit you're hitting.

If the readings are different, then it is much more likely you're limited by the voltage of the battery vs the motor winding vs the wheel size (and possibly the power output dependign on road condtions, if speed is much lower when riding than offground).

Same speed no matter what. the engine cuts out when 25km/h is reached and starts helping again below that and then cuts out when above 25.

ya companies probably hard wire that speed limiting function in their controllers on purpose.

Either way, its waaaaaaaaaay easier and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay shorter wait to ride to just buy a new controller and see if the battery fires it up. Probably cost ya $30-40 usd from Greentime EVFitting on Aliexpress

edit - Sensorless controller, means you dont need no stinking hall sensors, just 3 phase wires that I usually just solder together having enough slack in the wires to pull the wheel out and change a flat. Then you need to solder the ignition wire and the 5 throttle wires and call it a day. Pretty simple stuff to hit Harbor Fright (no typo), buy a $5 soldering iron, $5 solder and some elctrical tape. Its just if that battery needs a signal from its own controller there will be an issue. Its worth a try to buy a generic controller

christiansena said:
Same speed no matter what. the engine cuts out when 25km/h is reached and starts helping again below that and then cuts out when above 25.
Then that definitely means it's limited in the controller. By how much, we can't know, but at least by some.

The good news is that means that if you can't get into the settings to change the speed, you can replace the controller (and/or display) to an unrestricted one, and get as much more speed as the power of your system allows (for the battery voltage and motor winding vs wheel size).

Or you could lie to it about the wheel size and see if it affects the actual speed (it will always affect the speed readout, but it won't always affect the speed limiting--there can be a separate setting for wheel size for that one). So you should use something else (phone gps, etc) to measure actual speed when testing this feature.

Regarding menus...I have a few Lishui controllers for Bafang and Fusin motors, with the kingmeter display (don't know model number, but the displays look identical). Each display gives different stuff I can change in the menus available on different controllers, and each display has different menus I can even get into. None of them responds to the "advanced" menu button combinations, except one, and in that one nothing can be changed, and doesn't have a password option. At least one of them doesn't even allow changing the wheel size--it's set at 26" and that's that. IIRC it is also locked into MPH even though I can toggle kmh/mph. All I can do with that one is turn the backlight on and off and scroll thru the preset assist levels, with the little button module cabled to it. Otherwise it is completely locked.

So it's possible that yours is factory setup to not allow any changes at all to anything other than wheel size, etc., if even that.

Actually we have all the code you tried for our King-Meter display. Questions is you did not find the right one for you. If you need, please share me more info for the display and then, I can check more details.

For PSd, it denpends on software inside the display. Some has it while other do not have it at all. Also, for speed or wheel size, some could change while others is locked.

Also, we made this display is not for Bafang, that's why it does not work with bafang programming cable.

For changing Max speed, it's not decided from Display side. So no use to change by display. It's decided by Controller.

Hoping above info could help for your ebikes.

I have rear hub bafang G10 and i tried 10 different passwords to get in to the advanced menu but none of them is working. Any ideas where to get the right one?

Since the motor itself doesn't have anything to do with the display/password (unless it has an integrated controller, which is not that common), we need to know what the specific model of controller and display you have are to be able to help. ;)

If the system came on a "branded" electric bike, we'd also need to know that info as well.

There's no guarantee that there even *is* a password available, however; it's not uncommon for manufacturers or dealers to lock out all user access for various reasons.

JanoBaca said:
I have rear hub bafang G10 and i tried 10 different passwords to get in to the advanced menu but none of them is working. Any ideas where to get the right one?

It’s Biltema branded display,motor turns off at 22,5km/h

Attachments

• B0ABCA66-05CB-4483-9A70-3E2012C06CFA.jpeg
    B0ABCA66-05CB-4483-9A70-3E2012C06CFA.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 508
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 508
Back