I need some help Wiring up my new controller to my new throttle.(images)

I got a new throttle with a display and a key switch. I know for the most part how to wire it up, except there's one thing I'm rather curious about.
The controller has a line on it that is labeled "Instrument panel" It has a female bullet connector.
My throttle's Batter+ line has a male bullet connector.
The throttle's red green black, lockline are all easy enough. But what does the instrument panel cable mean and do I just connect it to the battery+ line?

Also, the Low Brake 2 wire connector, that's where I connect the brake lever that cuts off the motor, correct?

AcuLj5T.jpg

FjLbfiS.jpg

Likely that's just battery voltage for the panel, however it's slightly possible that's it's a data connector for something like a CANbus data panel. Not likely, but possible. The way to tell is with a volt meter. if it has battery voltage, it's fine for your throttler. If it has 5 volts, then ignore it.

Drunkskunk said:
Likely that's just battery voltage for the panel, however it's slightly possible that's it's a data connector for something like a CANbus data panel. Not likely, but possible. The way to tell is with a volt meter. if it has battery voltage, it's fine for your throttler. If it has 5 volts, then ignore it.

I don't have a mulit meter so I cant test it.
Considering this is a cheap basic chinese sourced controller I don't think it'll be for something fancy like a canbus.

Instrument Panel means there is a display that comes with the controller. It may even mean you need that display for the controller to work, I have rarely used displays other then a Conhismotor 1kw kit I bought, rode for a few months and sold. Display's arent my thing, P.A.S. is not my thing either.

The controller has a line on it that is labeled "Instrument panel" It has a female bullet connector.
I would bet you that wire is a split off of a phase wire, for a full-voltage speedometer type display.

Easy to check with a voltmeter. Spin the motor quickly by hand (no power) wiht a voltmeter on it. If the voltage more or less smoothly changes up and down, higher voltage as you go faster, then that's what it is.

Update, I decided to simply not risk touching it. I just wired it into the battery positive.

Everything works with both my 48v and 60v LiFePO4 batteries.

But I still need to know of Low Brake is what I wire my motor cut off brake too.

FranBunnyFFXII said:
Update, I decided to simply not risk touching it. I just wired it into the battery positive.
If it turns out to be a phase-wire speedometer, or any non-battery-level signal, that's a bad idea.

I highly recommend you test it first, or leave it completely disconnected and insulated.

amberwolf said:
FranBunnyFFXII said:
If it turns out to be a phase-wire speedometer, or any non-battery-level signal, that's a bad idea.

I highly recommend you test it first, or leave it completely disconnected and insulated.
I wired the throttle into the battery+, not the instrument wire.

It all operates as it should,

Now the question at hand is where do I wire in my cut off brake lever. I'm assuming Low Brake, because it's got 2 wires?

EDIT: Yes low brake line is the cutoff switch lever plug in.

Bike is fully operational.

Back