Em3ev no longer selling Mac Motors

kudos

10 kW
Hi,

I’ve searched around but can’t seem to find a thread on this subject.

No Mac motors on Em3ev website so I contacted them and they have stopped selling Mac motors! No idea for how long.

This is huge as far as I’m concerned, i’ve been buying Macs from them for years.

Is there anywhere else you can get these from with wheel build that’s reputable, other than the modified clutch less one from grin tech?

Edit: Also no more EEB frames either by the looks of it.....

There was a link for Mac / wheel kit posted here : https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66501&p=1567463&hilit=EM3ev+Mac#p1567463

Eunorau is advertising all over the web AFAICT, but when I looked they had only one type ("8" wind AIR).

Perhaps somebody else has bought the rights to distribute MAC motors.

I sure hope the MAC line of hub motors continues to be produced.

Its more then likely a COVID-19 problems I could only assume. Just think, we are 4 months into the virus, bicycle stores have sold out of bicycles long ago, Chain Reaction Cycle has sold out of many items since who knows when. Tack on a few extra months for good measure and the backlog of production seems reasonable as people snap up motors. I could only assume of course that EM3EV had a certain amount on their premises, and the manufacturer just cant keep up, or there is a manufacturing problem due to the virus.

Who knows. Its that simple, but I'd put money on COVID-19 is to blame.

MikeSSS said:
I sure hope it's "out of stock" rather than "no longer selling MAC".

Check out who else sells the MAC motor and see what their inventory is, if its sold out or not. I dont know off hand who also sells the MAC motor, I see Luna Cycle sells MAC motors. https://lunacycle.com/mac-motor-asi-high-performance-hub-kit/

MikeSSS said:
I sure hope it's "out of stock" rather than "no longer selling MAC".

Are they supplying bicycle manufacturers? (I would guess they'd have to be - they couldn't get very far just producing motors for garage builders, right?) That might be where the stock went - they let up on production of the MAC stuff that they sell to em3ev et al., diverting resources to keep up with demand on their factory supply lines.

So it seems to be getting harder and harder to pick up a Mac motor, I've found a few left in various places but getting hold of the Infineon controllers is even harder.

Does anyone know what happened?

Are there any other high powered geared motors available? Seems like the BMC has also gone.
(The GMAC from bikes.ca is an option but v expensive compared to standard)

I'm not really interested in heavy DD motors or mid-drive gear and chain issues, but feel the writing is on the wall...

Kudos

Try ordering directly. May take a bank transfer for payment.

http://www.macmotortech.com/

Still have the wire out the axle end. The site has a 18 fet 60amp controller setup for C.A. with plug a play and play 3 sp and regen. Regen on a geared motor ? Where else can I get one like that ?

You can get the motors (not laced) at http://www.macmotortech.com/ebike-hub-motor.html

I bought 5 last year, but I can't remember if this was because there was a minimum order, whether I was trying to make sure I had some for the rest of time, or whether it just made the average shipping cost cheaper!

Shelley at macmotortech was great to deal with

You could try 2wd geared motors more complexity with more wires or wait for a sale on the gmac.

How about Infineon controllers?

I normally use the 12fet 40A version from em3ev who are no longing selling them.

Does anyone know of a good supplier? Does MacMotortech also sell these?

Thanks,
Lee

They sell 6-9-12 and 18 fet controllers give them a email and find all the prices yes on the 18fet to.
I have an older bmc 600 h s.and I have the hardest time finding a controller to run it till I bought one of EM3ev controllers 12 fet 40 amp that he doesn't sell anymore 36v-72v.

kudos said:
How about Infineon controllers?

I normally use the 12fet 40A version from em3ev who are no longing selling them.

Does anyone know of a good supplier? Does MacMotortech also sell these?

Thanks,
Lee
I have two NOS black 36-72? (Only ever ran 36 and 48v with my used one) and a programming cable.

@999zip999

I reached out to MacMotorTech multiple times but get no response.

Are they still trading?

Does anyone have any contacts I can use?

I used their website contact information and get responses.

Contact Us
Tel : (86) 21--58587970 & (86) 21-58812990
E-mail : sales@macmotortech.com & damon@macmotortech.com

I still have a new 12FET from Paul The black version.

Hi tomjasz,

Good to know they got back to you, I've had no luck so far. Just tried again.

Did you contact them recently?

Also were you able to order single pieces from them or what were you ordering ?

Yes recently. One time single motor and then I think the MOQ is 8. Some years back I organized a group buy for mac parts from EM3ev. Everyone played nice. No issues. About a year ago I organized a group order from another vendor and some asshat filed a complaint with PayPal and I got frocked. So… it can work if all are transparent and honest.

Whats the total cost on 8 shipped to presumedly Montana or I bet Maine, at that time, if you remember of course?
The risk now is world package transport, in time.

tomjasz said:
Yes recently. One time single motor and then I think the MOQ is 8. Some years back I organized a group buy for mac parts from EM3ev. Everyone played nice. No issues. About a year ago I organized a group order from another vendor and some asshat filed a complaint with PayPal and I got frocked. So… it can work if all are transparent and honest.

last year, I bought:
3 cassette motor (1x10T,2x8T)
2 Front motor (2x8T)
5 18 fet controller
5 cables for controller
5 APT 750C display
5 thumb throttle
4 torque sensor BB68mm with clavus 5
1 torque sensor BB100mm with clavus 5

if anyone wants all of these, the cost was US$2,353 (plus shipping). For info only, shipping (to New Zealand) cost US$406

Prices are all over the place, and with inflation have to weigh the risks, tie up thousands for possible local profit or dump into a 5%+ dividend.

Thanks to PRW I have now made contact with Shelly from MacMotorTech, just asking for some prices on various kit.

Very interested to see that they have a new kit with an 18fet controller up to 60A with more modern higo connectors.

WechatIMG307.png

PRW I see you ordered the 18fet controllers, what are they like?

Did you build up a bike with them on?

Back