Cycle Analyst V3 CA3 no display after firmware update

My CA3 stopped working after not communicating with my macbook during firmware update. Now it does not display when connected to the battery. Battery is charged. Suggestions?

I have a similar problem. I was having difficulty with the setup utility communicating with the CA. MacBook Pro. I attempted a firmware update and the screen is now blank when I connect to the battery. I downloaded an earlier version of the setup utility but it's not for MacOS. Suggestions please?

curlyblondlover said:
I attempted a firmware update and the screen is now blank when I connect to the battery. I downloaded an earlier version of the setup utility but it's not for MacOS. Suggestions please?

What screen is now blank? The MacBook Pro? The CA? Something else?

Did you download the earlier version before the problem started, or after?

If the CA screen remains blank when it is connected *only* to battery power, and all other plugs are completely disconnected from everything else, then it means either:
-- battery voltage is insufficient to go beyond the low voltage cutoff point (usually 11v-15v),
or
-- CA is no longer able to boot, most likely due to corrupt firmware. You may need to contact Grin Tech directly info@bikes.ca to see if there is anything further you can do at your end, or if you must send it to them to be reflashed.

Hello from the future. I ran into a similar issue: Corrupting the firmware of the CA while updating it. In my case, the firmware update failed at the 1-2% mark and the CA showed a blank screen and did not appear to boot. Further attempts to write to the CA also failed, never getting past 3-4%.

The issue turned out to be that I had the Phaserunner programming tool also running in the background. When I closed it, I was able to successfully flash the CA's firmware, and all reads/writes since then have succeeded.

I'm on Linux using the Grin-built USB programming cable.

Back