E-Bike Throttle

Scooty

10 µW
Hi all, I wonder if someone could suggest a good hall twist throttle that doesn't have such a jack rabbit start, in other words a smoother take off from start. I recently bought a cheap one from amazon and that's exactly what I got. I guess what I'm asking is would paying a little extra be a better option. Thanks for your thoughts.

Thanks guys for the info, however I now have another question I would like to get some advice on. Could someone suggest a good controller for the 36v BMC brushless motor. I am right now using my old Kewin controller which works ok but makes the motor very noisy. I did purchase a controller from ebay but couldn't get it to work right (got a refund). Also, anyone ever tried to use regenerative braking and if so how did you utilize it and was it worth the effort. Thanks again for any help.

I wonder if you can use the Sur-ron electric throttle with any ebike. It would be perfect since its on;y 30 bucks and can have a regular grip slipped on like a motorcycle throttle.

Most e-bike throttles sold are 1/4 twist. Going to a half twist throttle will let you better modulate the power, assuming the 1/2 twist isn't complete junk with most of its action along half its rotation - IOW a 1/4 twist throttle with some extra movement that does little or nothing.

Back