Wiring 1T4 or 1T5 cable

Rizeblader

10 mW
Hello,

My current ebike is using a 1T5 Julet, maybe called Eb-BUS connector. I notice 1T4 is more popular.

I cannot find any female 9 pin connectors to go with the 1T5. It basically puts the headlight, 2 brake connectors, display and throttle through this cable.

Does anyone know the wiring diagram for a new 9 Pin connector or even 8 pin for the 1T4 cable? Is it otherwise easier to just run new cables and not bother?

Thank You

Here is what it looks like for clarification, the 1T5.

My bike already has the 1T5 cable run internally, with the headlight, 2 brake connectors, display and throttle connectors readily available at the handlebars. I am hoping to install this controller

https://hallomotor.com/products/hallomotor-sine-wave-36v-48v-60v-72v-1100w-2200w-45a-ebike-programmable-intelligent-controller?variant=30261305475203

I've acquired a new L1019 female connector/harness to wire to the controller. A new battery connector to make XT90 harness.

I am hoping it is easy to wire a new 1T5 female and keep the cleaner look of the bike.

Attachments

• JULET-Waterproof-Cable-BAFANG-Extension-Cale-Motor-Light-Ebrake-Throttle-Display-1T4-1T5-2-3-4...jpg
    JULET-Waterproof-Cable-BAFANG-Extension-Cale-Motor-Light-Ebrake-Throttle-Display-1T4-1T5-2-3-4...jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,416
In the worst case, you cut the connector off your old controller and splice it to the new one. Make the splices inside the controller box for a cleaner look.

Without a wire diagram, you'll be doing a lot of wire tracing,

Here's one for the display connector. I figure a KT LCD fits the IT4.
https://sondorsforum.com/topic/4-kt-lcd3-display-connector-type-pins/

The brakes are two wires and are easy to trace out. The throttle is three wires and one is ground, so you can find that one easily. That leaves 5V power and signal. On my controllers, signal is usually 5V, while power is 4.5V, both referenced to ground.

I did this once with a Luna 25A controller for the SOndors, except I didn't have a Sondors ebike. My brakes, display, and throttle were JST, so I cut off the connectors on the 4:1 and soldered them directly to my handlebar stuff.

Back