Triangle Battery Bag hitting Chainring/Front Derailleur

hias9

1 kW
I am looking for solutions on the following problem:

There is a large 140 cell triangle battery + charger + controller inside a triangle frame bag. I will secure the battery inside the pack a bit by using velcros, but that alone won't do the job.
The battery itself would not touch the large chainring, but it is only millimeters away. The bag however would touch it sooner or later while riding.

What about a U- or L-shaped mounting on the downtube that keeps the bag away from the large chainring/derailleur?

edit: First I will probably just move the battery a few millimeters forward by putting some closed cell foam behind it and put a zip tie through the frame bag around the downtube and see if that does the job.

Or on the seat tube, above the front derailleur. Either way, that will probably work.

Here's one way to mount it, if there aren't bottle bosses in the right location.

Or you can use a bigger bike!

Soft bags can move when riding. I’d say no matter how you manage tu pull it up, you need a stiff spacer to block it from moving back down.

Cut some sheet metal so it can have a few tabs that lets it clamp to the frame. Like suggested above, U shaped to keep er tucked.

Back