Bafang/lunacycle mid drive

Davidcroatia

100 W
Hello, i recently bought used bike. It has luna cycle some engine that i think its bafang 1000w or 1500w. Rain was yesterday and now it says 12h only and nothing else, i wanna know what can be the problrm? Battery was eliminated as a problem and also a connector. More info in youtube viideo

The problem is likely to be in the wiring harness. But, could be from water inside connector or component.

Triple check connectors and every inch of every wire. Blow out each connector and reconnect.
Its nice to have a spare controller that is SENSORLESS like from Greentime EVFitting on Aliexpress.
Its also nice to have a spare throttle.
Disconnect the pedal assist and try to see if it works.

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/kits/bafang-mid-drives/14346-bbshd-error-code-12-please-help

- I get error code 12 and bafang non-functioning. Shutting off and restarting consistently clears code and then runs smooth for miles.

- From C961 Manual error code 12 is "current sensor abnormality", which I believe is correct for code (old BBS manual I have says code 12 is "Temperature inside of battery is
un-normal") (Random red herring or possible important detail, at 600 miles it started randomly adding resistance when not assisting (if you leave on come to stop and move bike backward/moving peddles it feals like brakes slightly on, no code shown, shutting off and restarting behaved normally immediatly, then this stopped for 50 miles and happened twice this week.)

- I noticed that one of the leads from the brakes was disconnected. Didn't notice as don't really need the cutoff as stop pedaling before braking usually . Connected and never got error again.

- Now that I have the controller separated from the motor body and I have plugged all the wires back in, when I turn the power on the throttle seems to be working but there is still an error code number 12 on the display.

- I confirmed I was correct. it's a shunt sensor error. It might be fixable but you'll likley get intermittent errors. New controller is the sure fix for error 12.

...from same website

Clipboard02222.jpg

Shunts are unlikely to be defective, but the wire routing the info to the display can.

Different versions/years have different meanings for err code 12. It would be good to make sure of the year and use the proper chart.

Is it possible to properly inspect all of the wiring inside of the battery case? If the issue happened soon after you went riding in the rain it's probabbly related. You should look into "water proofing" the connectors/battery etc.. once you figure out what's going on.

Back