Ride finds

goatman

10 MW
im always finding things on my rides, normally its screws or wrenches/tools, strapping, things that seem to fall off trucks but the other day i found a Jackery Bolt. what do you find?

sOQe5mX.jpg

I guess I ride too fast to look at the ground around me. My focus is on other users of the road and everything happening ahead.

Yesterday I found a good hatchet (hand axe). Since I was fully loaded and still 150 miles from home I put in a spot that I knew I could remember. I’ll be driving back in a few days and if it’s still there I’ll take it.

Not a find, but the weirdest thing I’ve seen on a ride was a bed. Not a bed or mattress only, a complete full size bed in the middle of a deserted street at 9 AM. Probably fell off a trailer just before I passed on that street.

Goatman
do you specifically look for some stuff or you just happen to find stuff?
what about electronic recycling drop offs?

i dont look for stuff but if im in the bike lane with traffic and im on my trike, i have 3 wheel paths and i cant dodge around objects. i hit a construction sandbag on a dark winter morning last year that almost flipped me into traffic, thought maybe i hit a racoon, so i pay alot more attention to whats on the road in front of me now and i usually travel the same roads so if i dont stop and kick the broken beer bottles and mickey bottles into the curb gutter ill pay for it with a flat and with the trike being low i dont have to get off, i just stop, reach down, grab and go :thumb:

goatman said:
.. what do you find?
sOQe5mX.jpg
since street asphalt here in Calgary falls in disrepair pretty fast here - potholes, cracks more than inch wide, water valves with no covers, etc. worst and worst every year , so I have to look really on the road but still find stuff on the side of the streets like tools, unopened drinks, clothes, pair of gloves, etc.

found this on the Pattula Bridge, has a company name and number but screw them, someone couldve got hurt because they cant be bothered to secure their crap down so im keeping it.

IMG_20210621_180219.jpg

I filled up a three-tier rollaway with tools I picked up with a magnet on a rope over the years.
It also comes in handy for quick clean up of the tacks that morons toss on the bike trail and boxes of nails and screws that fall from pickup trucks. :wink:

Back