Help understand diagnostic LED on eZee controller.

RschDev

1 mW
My bike (eZeebike iOmega) has been working really well but lately there is an interesting issue. Every once-in-awhile, the motor just stops working. Nothing I do (peddling or activating the throttle) helps, but after a couple of minutes it starts working again. The cycleanalyst shows good voltage and the indicator shows the throttle is being activated, but the motor doesn't operate. Today I noticed something that is probably diagnostic. There is a red LED on the controller that is solidly on when the bike is powered on and working. When the problem occurs, the LED blinks on five times, pauses, blinks five times again, pauses, etc. When the problem goes away, the light is solid again. Does anyone have a clue what the five blinks indicates?

RschDev said:
Found the manual - 5 flashes is a bad throttle.
If you are running your throttle through your CA, I would check the connectors between the CA and controller first to make sure nothing is loose, rather than conclude it's the throttle itself.

Plug the throttle directly on the controller. Check connectors inside housings, not only wiring. Eventually, get another throttle to try. They are cheap and not really worth the time to fix them.

Back