TSDZ2 question

DCM1

1 mW
Apologies if this has been covered; I searched TSDZ2 and BRAKE and only found one or two comments...

I just completed my TSDZ2 conversion and currently not running the e-brakes. I'd like to hear from people who have run it both ways; which way they ended up with and why. Thanks for all comments!

My first conversion was 3 years ago and as I was using mechanical disc brakes I used the TS levers. I did find it useful after awhile to slightly depress one of the levers while shifting that shut down the motor, sort of like a clutch.

I decided to go with hydraulic discs two years ago and so the stock levers went away as well as the shut off feature and I haven't missed it at all. I just back off a little while shifting to lower gears and the run on of the motor does the shift nicely.

I think it depends on what kind of biking you are going to do. For simple commuting the e-brakes probably aren't that necessary, although I prefer the option to be able to switch off the motor with the brake lever when waiting in traffic lights and resting feet on the pedals. For single track mountain biking I feel the brake sensor is important safety feature as sometimes you cannot get weight off the pedals but need to stop the motor, and for doing so called track stand you need the sensor. With hydraulic brakes I'm using only one magnetic sensor on the rear brake. Just be sure you fix the sensor and magnet properly and have the option to easily disconnect the sensor, in case the magnet happens to fall off.

Well, after a couple rides with my spouse, she tends to stop abruptly now and then, leaving me panic stopping in a high gear and a foot on the pedal. So I connected the front brake handle right then and there. I'll connect the back too, since the brake handles are already installed.

Thanks all!

Back