School me on current BMC motors/ Hi Power Cycles

Manbeer

1 kW
As everything I have found about BMC motors seems to be fairly outdated, there are a handful of different motors being available on eBay at a reduced price and in the listing it states that "were" some of the best hub motors and are being cleared out to make room for new inventory. The way this is worded with leading me to believe they are no longer in production

When I search it up it looks as if BMC's website was listed as having the same address or close to high power cycles, which appear to be their main or only vendor at least in later years.

I know they were originally some type of split off from Mac, but what is the story over all these years and how did they come to wind up as what appears to be a subsidiary of HPC? Are they still around? Are they not around any longer? Do they share parts with the Mac where it would make parts readily available in the future?

does anyone know if the new inventory that HPC mentions is a newer generation of BMC or if the brand is being phased out altogether?

Was considering the V4 for use as a mid-drive possibly for a fun and interesting project

Back