Question regarding brake sensors. HELP NEEDED

lukejbarry

10 µW
Hello,

I'm an owner of a 2021 Cube Aim Pro, have had the thing for around 3 months now and I've been dying to convert her, so I've decided to pull the trigger.

I have decided upon both a suitable motor and battery for my build, however, the included e-brake levers wouldn't be suitable with my bike, as it has integrated brakes into the trigger style shifter which I intend on keeping on the bike. I've decided to buy a 3rd party break sensor and incorporate it into the shifter/brake, my question is, how do I know that the controller coming with my motor will have the right connection to the sensor as would be present with the e-brake levers included?

The brake levers included are a brand called "Wuxing", if that may be of any help, photos of the levers don't indicate what sort of connector they would have. The controller coming with my motor is a generic 12 mosfet, max ±30a aluminium casing controller typical of many other 'e-bike conversion kits'.

Any help would be massively appreciated as I have minimal knowledge in e-bike conversions as well as electric, thanks!

lukejbarry said:
Hello,

I'm an owner of a 2021 Cube Aim Pro, have had the thing for around 3 months now and I've been dying to convert her, so I've decided to pull the trigger.

I have decided upon both a suitable motor and battery for my build, however, the included e-brake levers wouldn't be suitable with my bike, as it has integrated brakes into the trigger style shifter which I intend on keeping on the bike. I've decided to buy a 3rd party break sensor and incorporate it into the shifter/brake, my question is, how do I know that the controller coming with my motor will have the right connection to the sensor as would be present with the e-brake levers included?

The brake levers included are a brand called "Wuxing", if that may be of any help, photos of the levers don't indicate what sort of connector they would have. The controller coming with my motor is a generic 12 mosfet, max ±30a aluminium casing controller typical of many other 'e-bike conversion kits'.

Any help would be massively appreciated as I have minimal knowledge in e-bike conversions as well as electric, thanks!

Welcome to the forum :thumb:

As detailed as your description is, it would still be helpful if you would provide links to the actual kit and cutoff switch that you purchased.

ATinkerer said:
Grin has this type switch:

https://ebikes.ca/product-info/grin-products/tripwire.html

it integrates nicely with the CA plugs.

Thanks for the reply, I live in Ireland so I don't know if there might be a cheaper, European option may be possible.

Really appreciate the help. if you don't mind me asking, what is a CA plug? Also, if you have seen the link and scrolled down to view the sinewave controller included in the kit and the type of cables it has for connection to motor, battery, brakes etc. would that specific trip wire be compatible?

All the best

Bike kit is this 48v, 1000w rear hub brushless motor, Information regarding parts included is available as you scroll down on the page.

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000982765684.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.5b581b23zTREtw&algo_pvid=6724f39f-82a2-4dcc-a99a-f11222916db9&algo_expid=6724f39f-82a2-4dcc-a99a-f11222916db9-0&btsid=0bb0624216048379406701528ee539&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

*link I mentioned in the reply to ATinkerer ^^^^^

I haven't purchased these parts yet, planning on doing so in the next few days so it arrives for around the holiday season. The e-brake cutoffs come included in the kit and appear to be generic cutoff levers by the brand name "Wuxing"

This is also included in the products description... perhaps something you'd like to pursue while you still have the opportunity...

"Note: If you need a brake sensor instead of a brake lever, please contact us for an additional fee."

Regards,
T.C.

TommyCat said:
This is also included in the products description... perhaps something you'd like to pursue while you still have the opportunity...

"Note: If you need a brake sensor instead of a brake lever, please contact us for an additional fee."

Regards,
T.C.

:bigthumb: That's the best solution!

lukejbarry said:
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000982765684.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.5b581b23zTREtw&algo_pvid=6724f39f-82a2-4dcc-a99a-f11222916db9&algo_expid=6724f39f-82a2-4dcc-a99a-f11222916db9-0&btsid=0bb0624216048379406701528ee539&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

I haven't purchased these parts yet, planning on doing so in the next few days so it arrives for around the holiday season. The e-brake cutoffs come included in the kit and appear to be generic cutoff levers by the brand name "Wuxing"
The controller and display are Kunteng, or KT, so the low brake connectors will be two wire JSTs. If you decide to go with third party, make sure they are two wire. Some, like Bafang, have 3 pins. https://lunacycle.com/bafang-hydraulic-and-disc-brake-sensors-e-brake-pair/

My reference (CA) was to the Cycle Analyst controller that Grin also sells.

They also have a collection of various wiring plugs that include quite a few of the common plugs.

https://ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/connectors.html

Good collection of information, and parts if the shipping is not prohibitive to your part of the world.

Gordon

Back