Controller box questions -Any help appreciated_

lukejbarry

10 µW
Hello all,

I've got a question regarding mounting a controller box onto the frame of Cube Aim Pro 2021, it's an XXL (23 inch frame, 29 inch wheel diameter".

Here in Ireland we're getting into that c. 0*C, constant rain, not seeing the sun for 4 months time of the year. Despite being stored inside in-between rides, it's going to be imperative that my controller is waterproofed adequately.

Despite what I have read about people warning against housing controllers in bags or boxes, I think that for the next 3-4 months the ambient temperature, being as low as it it, would counteract the lack of a large amount of airflow being provided during use.

I'd like to mount my controller in one of those IP65, black project boxes but I am unable to find any mounting solutions online, it would be mounted to my frame similar to as circled in the photo shown below. Any advice appreciated!

Controller is a Kunteng, 12 mosfet sinewave controller rated at 30A, battery will be EM3ev jumbo shark with samsung 25r cells (52v) and a 1000w rear hub motor.

Attachments

• kirby_ebike_controller_box.jpg
    kirby_ebike_controller_box.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 227
  • Cube_pic.jpg
    Cube_pic.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 227
Back