Regen Controller

MelissaL

1 µW
Hey everyone, I had a custom electric bike made about 3 years ago by a man who is very savvy about building batteries and programming controllers ect., and that is how he built my bike, completely custom. However, unfortunately he has decided he no longer wants to be involved with the bike. I really don't know too much about the electronics of e-bikes and how to repair them should something fail. But I am trying!

My controller was getting old and has stopped working. I am in the search of a replacement, and I hope someone on this forum can give me some advice!
I have a 60v 30amp battery, a 48v motor and I had a regen controller. Can someone suggest a site that sells a controller that would work with these specks? I really need regen with my controller, my bike would be dangerous to ride without it. I have pictures of my old controller if someone thinks it would help.
If I am missing something please let me know and I will fill in the gaps.

p.s I am new to this, so please be gracious and patient. Thank you!!

Is that 30Ah battery or 30A discharge battery?
Is there a name on the motor?
Any stickers on the controller?
Pictures would be nice, post them up!
take pictures of the motor
take pictures of the controller
take pictures of the bike

We like to see pictures!

MelissaL said:
My controller was getting old and has stopped working. I am in the search of a replacement, and I hope someone on this forum can give me some advice!
I have a 60v 30amp battery, a 48v motor and I had a regen controller. Can someone suggest a site that sells a controller that would work with these specks? I really need regen with my controller, my bike would be dangerous to ride without it. I have pictures of my old controller if someone thinks it would help.
If I am missing something please let me know and I will fill in the gaps.

markz said:
Is that 30Ah battery or 30A discharge battery?
Is there a name on the motor?
Any stickers on the controller?
Pictures would be nice, post them up!
take pictures of the motor
take pictures of the controller
take pictures of the bike

We like to see pictures!

Plus the features you're bike currently has: e.g. PAS; throttle; display; buttons.
And picture of the cable harness and connectors coming out of the controller. :thumb:
links are good too.

I don't have my bike with me at the moment, so I can't take pictures of the motor. But it is the knock off Chinese version of the Crystalite motor.

I have a 30ah battery.
I have a throttle, no pedal assist.
I have two switchs: one being for two different speed settings, low speed and high speed. The other switch is my on and off.
I have have two buttons: cruise control, and regen.
I have no display, unfortunately.
And my controller has no stickers :?
But I have recently been told that it was bought with the regen, it did not have to be programmed.

These are the pictures I have of my controller, they are not great, I did not take them. But I hope they display enough for you to get a sense of what's going.

(I just realized I can't upload photos?! How do you all do it?)

Back