Super 73 electric bikes

999zip999

100 TW
My neighbor bought one gloves then he bought one for his wife she loves it.4 months later he's going to buy a superbike I don't know maybe five 7000 Watts he hasn't quite told me cuz he doesn't quite know.
He also does a blog for super 73 pictures blog kind of online advertising of some sort I'll see what he tags himself under.
I never wore road one not quite my style I'm six foot four plusI like to ride a electric mountain bike and kind of keep it undercover or the homeless look.

Your a midget 999
6'4" pffffffft :lol:
:wink:

Stealth riding is good, blending into your sorroundings is good. Super73 does not quite make the cut in my books, nor does Enduro ebikes or some call Stealth but what I mean by Stealth riding is this: n. The act of moving, proceeding, or acting in a covert way.

999zip999 said:
I'm six foot four plusI like to ride a electric mountain bike and kind of keep it undercover or the homeless look.

Goofy junky bikes that have pedals never intended to be used, like Super 73/Stealth/Sur-Ron etc., will be the prompt that causes all e-bikes get regulated as motor vehicles.

If you have an e-bike that looks like a bicycle and moves like a bicycle, don't forget who brought this predicament down on you when the time comes.

I've been doing this for 13 years cuz lately it seems the cat got out of the bag. Somebody tell me how to get the cat back in the bag. Or put jack back in the Jack in the box. Please let me know.

No cats were harmed in this history lesson.

So anyway I saw him and he gave me the name of his YouTube blog I'll give it to you when I asked him again and write it down I forgot I was doing laundry and I forgot what his YouTube blog name is. But I think it he will give you a discount for super 73 through his blog a hundred dollar discount that's the only thing I remembered.haha.
Like Marks not my style. I go homeless the look. @ 7,000 watts. 43mph is fine on ebike tire rated moped ???

Sounds about right to me, but at 7kw are you doing wheelies and frightening old grannies with walkers and their tiny wiener dog poodle?

If you got a nice rig, its a big neon sign with a big arrow pointing right at you.
Like I said, anything that sticks out, sticks out not only to the fuzz but also sticks out to the thieves.
You can quickly come to a conclusion, how often are you asked about your ebike, how many compliments are you getting when your just out and about riding or sitting on a bench with your bike next to you. Lock your bike up at a bike rack by a door and see how many people stop and take time to look at it, and how many people take a second look yet keep moving an dhow many dont notice a thing. Its a great test to do.

999zip999 said:
I go homeless the look. @ 7,000 watts. 43mph is fine on ebike tire rated moped ???

Yeah at first but you learn that you use one thirty seconds of an inch of your throttle to start out and make sure you never hold your break down twist the throttle then let go your break that's the worst. I let my neighbor use it that races bikes and when he got at home and I was next to him he cranked the throttle stuck into the garage like it was a spider at a walk-up turn it off and grab the brakes and let it down it climb the wall no problem no one got hurt.
I believe in what Dogman says and slow it down look around and breathe I used to just wot and drain the battery. Yeah at 63 and going 43mph and get a little older too.

jacobgoona said:
Has anyone tried the super 73 electric motor bikes? They look cool but am looking for other peoples opinions about them..

I haven't tried one but did consider using a frame like theirs at one point. The suspension and use of motorcycle tires is the most attractive element to me.

A couple things to consider are:

1) When you take the electrics off, you've got a ~60lbs bike.. which is totally crazy. The bike is built around it's 4-5 inch tires so it's best application is riding on sand or mud.. do you need a bike for sand or mud riding?

2) The pedal width is probably 2x the width of a regular bike. The transfer from your leg muscles will be incredibly poor and the position of your legs will cause your kneecap to ride out of it's groove to the inner or outer side. This will cause pain and an accelerated rate of cartilage lost.. so basically.. you won't be pedaling it.

3) An electric bike designed with extremely poor pedaling characteristics won't be pedaled.. it will be ridden like a motorcycle.

4) Riding a vehicle that looks like a motorcycle without pedaling it is just asking for legal trouble. And they've intentionally added motorbike-esque features like a battery shaped like a gas tank on some models. it's intentionally a cop magnet.

5) The bike is built with aesthetics in mind first, but not in a clever way. The bikes could be 10-15lbs lighter with some modifications to the frame. The battery could be relocated to the lower middle of the frame and result in a notable improvement to the handling.. why the hell would you design a bike battery to look like a gas tank? :lol:

6) A direct drive motor would have been much more appropriate given the higher RPM per MPH that 20" wheels travel at. Direct drive would have much more potential for pushing more power/speed.. be more efficient.. be mechanically MUCH more reliable, offer regen, cost less, and come in at perhaps 2lbs more.. which.. on an 80lbs bike.. is fine.

In general, the bike is not good at being a motorcycle or a bike.. it's best use is in niche applications such as offroad riding where legality is not a concern.. yet, geared motors are known to be mechanically weak in offroad use. So it's ideal application gets narrowed further to 'fast beach bike for use on beaches where no law enforcement is present'.

If that's your application, then this bike is a good choice. Otherwise i would encourage you to build something lighter, faster, more stealth, more efficient, and more durable for less money.

Ok here is my neighbors super 73 blog.
Utube shawerver films.
After his videos you'll see a link and that link will give you $100 off one over there bikes. He loves them his wife loves him.
the neighbor on the other side of me sells electric bikes out of his garage that he just got one that looks like that but it's 1500 watts and fat geared motor and like a 24 amp hour battery. It looks the same just like a little mini bike. I sat on it was too mini for me.

Any time someone tells you they love something and then offer you a referral link that they make money on, you should probably question their recommendation..

My other neighbor who rents bikes got a Bad 1,500 mini bike ebike. Yes I think it is called Bad ? when I hit the brake the front shock was so soft I do but I weigh 235 lb. and the noise coming out of that motor must have had a analog controller. It had the same look as a super 73 I'm 6-4 I don't fit on these things. plus I'm kind of hideout on my mountain bike and not look like I'm riding a mini-bike that's quiet.

It's probably "Bad Boy" ebikes which seems to be a more common name then you'd think.

999zip999 said:
My other neighbor who rents bikes got a Bad 1,500 mini bike ebike. Yes I think it is called Bad ? when I hit the brake the front shock was so soft I do but I weigh 235 lb. and the noise coming out of that motor must have had a analog controller. It had the same look as a super 73 I'm 6-4 I don't fit on these things. plus I'm kind of hideout on my mountain bike and not look like I'm riding a mini-bike that's quiet.

Every other ride on the hike and bike paths I get passed by an ebike that looks much like a Super 73. They aren't going much faster than I and I'm pretty slow. They get sliced and diced by roadies on pedal bikes, just like I do.

Ride on, ride on, ride on.

Back