1500w ebike kit, please help

kay.partypop

1 µW
So i have my brand new 1500w rear hub motor kit and the display doesn't want to turn on. When the battery switch is turned on, the display doesn't work but when i switch off the battery, the display does turn on for 2 seconds and then shuts off. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Faulty battery or faulty controller? Before i charged the battery for the first time, the kit worked fine but now i have this problem

Aside from a faulty battery/faulty controller etc perhaps there's a problem with your battery charger And the battery is discharged below the low voltage cutoff set in your controller or above a high voltage cut off if there is one. First thing I would check is the voltage if you have a multimeter

There are a lot of 1500 kits what kit do you have do you have a link any pictures and there's a few different displays they put on different kits.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ebikes/comments/k949l8/can_someone_help_i_have_no_idea_what_happened_it/
i put a video on reddit

Using a multimeter, what's the voltage of the battery when it is turned on vs off?

My guess is that you're triggering a high voltage cutoff on the part of your display or controller, which was designed for 48v, and may have FETs that top out at 55v. This is to prevent things from going boom.

Back