QS205 users, what are your 0 to 60 mph (0 to 100 kph) times?

mbgjt1

100 W
Hi all, if you've got a QS205 build as a rear hub configuration, what is your 0 to 60 mph or 0 to 100 kph times?

I understand that a smaller rim diameter and weight reduction would give a faster time, but I would like some actual values please.

Can you get 0 to 100 kph in under 5 seconds? Is this possible for a QS205 in a rear hub configuration? If you have achieved this please please please post your specs! I need to know before jumping into a rear hub build as opposed to a mid-drive

My planned build:

Qulbix 140 frame
QS205 3T V3 50H
Sabvoton SVMC 72200 200A battery, 450 A phase controller
17 inch rim
21s battery which should give me a nominal voltage of 72 V, battery output of 300 amps

I''ve tried simulations through the Grin motor simulator but the fastest I've got is 9 to 10 seconds 0 to 100 kph, now all I need is to figure out how to halve that time!

Thank you :)

mbgjt1 said:
I''ve tried simulations through the Grin motor simulator but the fastest I've got is 9 to 10 seconds 0 to 100 kph, now all I need is to figure out how to halve that time!

Four times as much power would be a good start. Compare the output difference between murder vehicles that go 0-60 in ten seconds and those that do it in five.

That motor has a maximum torque based on stator saturation, air gap radius, and permanent magnet field strength. It may not be enough to do what you want. Or you may have to use a much smaller radius wheel than you have in mind.

I set up this config for a while using :
28s lipos 118v
Also at 30s charged to 123v....just to see
apt96600 controller
QS273 3.5tx19"
.....it was a bit of an animal :shock:

Having said that my current setup -according to the chart - 0-40 kmh is 1.60 seconds
and 0-80kmh is 4.50 seconds. This could possibly be somewhere near correct if the front would stay on the floor :lol:

My advice to wanting more -build/buy a motorbike

Jonno

Attachments

• Accelerationqs273.xlsx
    248.6 KB · Views: 36
https://youtu.be/IkLjdtrzWs8?t=279

The guy in this video claims with the ASI BAC 8000 / QS273 combo, that 0-60mph in under 3 seconds is possible.

Claims are one thing, proof is another. Its easy to post up a video, yet all thats needed is a $10 cycle computer but then the cyclocomputer's parameters tires cicrumference can be changed easy enough, video sped up. I look at it like the Gigahertz race in computer cpu's, its easy to brag but proof is whats needed.

No point continuing on this thread :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No point posting any vids as you get acused of faking them.
Test rides are available for serious builders in UK
Or just find out the hard (and very expensive ) way by your own trial and error :confused:

On a more serious note, it looks like superbikes are getting 0-100km/h in around 2.5 seconds, so should be possible to keep the front wheel down for 3 second pass if the CG isn't too far back or high.

markz said:
No ones out there timing their 0-60 times on their ebike, they are out there riding, smiling and having fun!
:thumb:

To be honest I don;t want to design something which is slower and then end up wishing I made changes to speed up acceleration

I know trial and error is the way to go sometimes but I really want to get it right the first time.

Imagine having a bike that does 0 to 100 in less than 5 seconds, it'll be awesome!

Chalo said:
mbgjt1 said:

Four times as much power would be a good start. Compare the output difference between murder vehicles that go 0-60 in ten seconds and those that do it in five.

That motor has a maximum torque based on stator saturation, air gap radius, and permanent magnet field strength. It may not be enough to do what you want. Or you may have to use a much smaller radius wheel than you have in mind.

Yeah and going up to the QS273 doesn't seem to be worth it due to the extra weight on the rear and the upgrades I would have to make on the brakes and forks and the overall geometry of the bike.

It seems like sticking with the QS205 3T motor is the way to go, and try and shed as much weight as possible, and reduce overall wheel diameter as much as possible

serious_sam said:
mbgjt1 said:
Can you get 0 to 100 kph in under 5 seconds? Is this possible for a QS205 in a rear hub configuration?
You'd need about 800 phase amps without saturation...so...probably not...

Here is a tool to play with. Enjoy.
Acceleration.xlsx

Thanks for the tool but is this accurate? It is telling me that I will go from 0 to 80 km/h in 5.86 seconds. That's pretty damn fast!

Mass 140 kg
Cd 1.10 #
Area 0.65 m2
Air density 1.23 kg/m3
Series # cells 21 S
Max phase current 450 A
Motor Kv 15.6 rpm/V
Wheel OD 24 inch
Target speed 80 km/h
Time to target speed 5.86 sec

But then reaching 95 km/h would take 10.6 seconds.

Mass 140 kg
Cd 1.10 #
Area 0.65 m2
Air density 1.23 kg/m3
Series # cells 21 S
Max phase current 450 A
Motor Kv 15.6 rpm/V
Wheel OD 24 inch
Target speed 95 km/h
Time to target speed 10.60 sec

Looks like I'll have to design the bike for low end torque and a max speed of around 95 to 100 km/h

Thanks!

Jonno said:
28s lipos 118v
apt96600 controller
QS273 3.5tx19"

Having said that my current setup -according to the chart - 0-40 kmh is 1.60 seconds
and 0-80kmh is 4.50 seconds. This could possibly be somewhere near correct if the front would stay on the floor :lol:

Jonno

How are you finding the QS273? Isn't it insanely heavy for offroading? Or do you only use it on road? Man 0 to 80 in 4.5 seconds sounds like a dream come true!@ Do you ever find yourself using that acceleration ?

Jonno said:
No point continuing on this thread :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No point posting any vids as you get acused of faking them.
Test rides are available for serious builders in UK
Or just find out the hard (and very expensive ) way by your own trial and error :confused:

yeah but what's the point of posting a vid and faking results.

It just messes up with people's expectations!

serious_sam said:
On a more serious note, it looks like superbikes are getting 0-100km/h in around 2.5 seconds, so should be possible to keep the front wheel down for 3 second pass if the CG isn't too far back or high.

3 seconds might be too quick I'll be happy with 5 :D :lol:

mbgjt1 said:
Jonno said:
28s lipos 118v
apt96600 controller
QS273 3.5tx19"

Jonno

How are you finding the QS273? Isn't it insanely heavy for offroading? Or do you only use it on road? Man 0 to 80 in 4.5 seconds sounds like a dream come true!@ Do you ever find yourself using that acceleration ?

I have the 273 3.5t setup and some 205s -3.5t, 4t and 5t in various forms on 84v. Whilst the 273 is heavier it doesn't make much difference on or off road. Off road it's the way you feed the power in that makes it work. The nuc 24f is fantastic for that because of its programs - throttle cures, rates and Pids etc.(I already have 2 and 3 more on order they're that good)
Battery choice is where it all happens. Sony vtc6 are my current battery of choice. Lipo deliver well but are hard work to keep balanced
Budget cells like the litokala 22650 5a are also good.
The next step is battery heating /cooling (Elon uses it).
If you want speed then the more volts the merrier but just remember that you are riding a bicycle. So the faster you go the beefier the kit needs to be.
The acceleration and speed realistically are there just for showing off - because you know you can there's no need to prove it😃
However test pilots like to try it though.

Jonno

Thanks mate

Given the choice do you prefer your qs273 3.5T or the qs205 3t coupled to the nuclear 24f controller?

I've got one on order too so should be exciting to see what I'd get

BTW ill be running a 21s battery with the controller to reach a max of 88 V I don't think I'll risk the 92V which is over the limit

Good thing it works for you though !

Jonno said:
mbgjt1 said:
Jonno said:
28s lipos 118v
apt96600 controller
QS273 3.5tx19"

Jonno

I have the 273 3.5t setup and some 205s -3.5t, 4t and 5t in various forms on 84v. Whilst the 273 is heavier it doesn't make much difference on or off road. Off road it's the way you feed the power in that makes it work. The nuc 24f is fantastic for that because of its programs - throttle cures, rates and Pids etc.(I already have 2 and 3 more on order they're that good)
Battery choice is where it all happens. Sony vtc6 are my current battery of choice. Lipo deliver well but are hard work to keep balanced
Budget cells like the litokala 22650 5a are also good.
The next step is battery heating /cooling (Elon uses it).
If you want speed then the more volts the merrier but just remember that you are riding a bicycle. So the faster you go the beefier the kit needs to be.
The acceleration and speed realistically are there just for showing off - because you know you can there's no need to prove it😃
However test pilots like to try it though.

Jonno

Given the choice do you prefer your qs273 3.5T or the qs205 3t coupled to the nuclear 24f controller?

I've got one on order too so should be exciting to see what I'd get

BTW ill be running a 21s battery with the controller to reach a max of 88 V I don't think I'll risk the 92V which is over the limit

Good thing it works for you though !

serious_sam said:
mbgjt1 said:
Thanks for the tool but is this accurate?
Define accurate...

My bike does 0-60km/h in 4.9 seconds, and my tool says 5.34 seconds. Accurate enough ?

I think that's very accurate, BTW I tried riding a 125cc dirt bike today and was blown away by the acceleration so I think even 0 to 60 in 4.9 seconds ould be absolutely insane !

I'm stuck in the Indian ocean at this week :roll: but when I return I'll grab the spare 24f and fit it to the QS205. Then get a willing loony to compare them.

Jonno

Back