Bimotal disc brake mount left hand drive

Brake-mounted Bimotal Elevate turns mountain bikes into electric bicycles..

Bimotal-Elevate-disk-mount-696x464.jpg

"attaches to the disc brake, Elevate weighs 2.7 kilograms, has a power of 750W that has a maximum of 100 Nm in torque and a constant 50 Nm. The motor allows the bike to accelerate up to 28 mph (45 km/h).."

https://www.inceptivemind.com/bimotal-elevate-turns-mountain-bikes-electric-bicycles/15375/

I wonder if the ring and pinion gear runs/grinds itself up dry, or whether it lubricates the brake rotor instead?

That system looks like it would be best for a bike that has a disc brake mount, but uses a rim brake.

Why not have two of those motors, one on the rear and one on the front. Better yet, if theres room why not have four motors. 2 in the front, 1 left front, 1 right front..... same for the rear for 3kw of power :thumb: :lol:

Thanks for the post, its a unique way to motorize a bicycle.

markz said:
Why not have two of those motors, one on the rear and one on the front.

Front and rear mounts have different geometry, so the manufacturer would have to make two different versions. Fun idea, though.

[youtube]F6JnDMpjwN8[/youtube]

Good point, then they'd have to make
a front right motor, a front left motor
AND
a rear right motor and a rear left motor.

Serious question is how much heat can it take before it shuts itself down.

Be somewhat stealthy as people would really have no clue what it is, just another form of braking system.

Chalo said:
markz said:
Why not have two of those motors, one on the rear and one on the front.

Front and rear mounts have different geometry, so the manufacturer would have to make two different versions. Fun idea, though.

[youtube]

ZeroEm said:
Is that stealth drive?

I imagine it's pretty loud, if the gears are metal.

It's gonna take a special kind of customer to spend $2k to serve as a product tester.

I like the idea of a front brake / drive unit version for AWD ebike.. (someone should tell christini about this kit).. :thumb:

podcast interview with developer :

IMG_0027-768x1024.jpeg

https://electricbikeaction.com/amp/podcast-interview-with-toby-ricco-of-bimotal/

Keep riding the bike you love;)
[youtube]pa2jdLOwPfU[/youtube]
:mrgreen:

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
I like the idea of a front brake / drive unit version for AWD ebike.. (someone should tell christini about this kit)..

It should be easier to put a rear pattern disc tab on a fork than to rework the motor unit.

That photo makes it look like the motor output gear is resin and not metal. It could be relatively quiet.

Interesting. in a way, almost a revival of the old currie drive. just a gear instead of a little chain drive. Those were loud as hell. I wonder how loud these are.

https://bimotal.com/

KEEP RIDING THE BIKE YOU LOVE.
The Bimotal Elevate is a removable, lightweight, and powerful ebike motor that cleverly mounts to your bike's disc brakes.

Back