Ebike tester and ignition wire?

paulstung

100 W
Morning all, I've just received my new controller and I'm about to run it through its passes on a tester, but I'm not sure what to do with the ignition wire ( I understand that it needs to be connected between the battery and a switch for normal use) but what do I need to do for it to work on a tester?Thank you

Connect that ignition wire to the battery, full pack voltage wire, to hot up the controller. Then with the controller turned on, you can then run tests.

Usually there is a big red battery power wire, then the smaller red ignition wire. Connect that red wire to the big red wire, then connect to battery. Later on, if you wish, you can connect that red wire to the battery power through a switch, giving you an on off switch.

If your wiring is different from this, show us a picture of what it has, or the chart from the site where you bought it.

Cheers buddy.
I thought as much, the instructions for the tester doesn't mention anything about connecting the battery to the controller to perform the relevant test. It threw me a little..

For ebike tester the controller must be on . For the motor phase and hall test just spin the motor. I like a cutoff switch on the left side. But have just got a thottle, three speed switch and off and on switch from QS motor.
But like it on the left side and will use off/on on right for lights. After getting the bugs out of new almost jst pilers clone.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20413&hilit=Lyen+ebike+tester#p297852
More info.

Back