eMoto build Frame, QS Motor, choices and what to ask for

Blacksword

10 mW
I am moving onto my second build and want to build a emoto style bike I am thinking 10-20kw.

I am looking for a US based, or highly reliable supplier of a quality frame and general frame recommendations.

I also need a bit more know how on the QS motor choices. I want something to fit the dropouts. I think most emoto type frame have a 155mm on the swingarms dropout right?

I am looking at a QS205 or 275, can anyone tell me the upper wattage limits for these motors and what kind of voltage/battery configuration is ideal to hit my desired range?

I am planning on building the battery myself out of 18650s. I am not a fan of lipos but open to suggestions.

Any input on your favorite controller is also welcome. :bigthumb: :)

Blacksword said:
I am moving onto my second build and want to build a emoto style bike I am thinking 10-20kw.

I am looking for a US based, or highly reliable supplier of a quality frame and general frame recommendations.

I also need a bit more know how on the QS motor choices. I want something to fit the dropouts. I think most emoto type frame have a 155mm on the swingarms dropout right?

I am looking at a QS205 or 275, can anyone tell me the upper wattage limits for these motors and what kind of voltage/battery configuration is ideal to hit my desired range?

I am planning on building the battery myself out of 18650s. I am not a fan of lipos but open to suggestions.

Any input on your favorite controller is also welcome. :bigthumb: :)

Qulbix frames, stealthelectricbikes, are quite good i guess but also not that cheap. There are also many frames like them on aliexpress.
You are right with the dropout, so the mentioned motors would fit.
QS motors are quite popular for emoto frames. The qs205 can take a lot but 20kw might be to much. So the QS 275 might be a better idea. If you manage to provide the 20kw you would also get more torque out of it than with a QS 205. Make shure you chose the right windings for your need. Also the volts and amps balance should be matched to your needs. The watts are V *A. So there are different ways to get there. But generally more volts are great for high top speed and little lower volts provide more range and more amps with same number of cells.(if i got that right). I think most people use about 60 - 72/85v batteries for high power bikes but the cells you chose are also important for what characteristics it has. Lipos have more power on less space but are way more dangerous that litium ion. I dhink "driving bombs" is a accurate term for lipo bikes or cars ;)

I asked the forum about best value battery cells and got many great answers. So here is the link:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=109535

Also the question about the controller might be found in a topic i started:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=109252

Back