a quick blast through the snow on a parts bin family hauler

Manbeer

1 kW
Took the family trailer hauler I made out of leftover parts for a quick ride in the snow today. It's an old 90s hardtail with a DD front motor, bomber z3 with a little under 3 inches of travel and v brakes. The motor is an ebay special, the batteries i think i got one for free The the customer whose bike needed more power , and another for 200 bucks, standard samsung 29e 13s4 p hailong packs. all in alI probably have about $500 total in this thing. Just goes to show that Having fun doesn't need to break the bank. I haven't had such a blast in a long time, And the combination of pushing myself pretty hard and the front motor really worked out well in this scenario with about 2-3 inches of icy snow

[youtube]peZQ66Hw9iQ[/youtube]

[youtube]4Pf9gFKSLtE[/youtube]

Nice. I am currently planning a similar project, out of parts I have accumulated.

How does the bomber hold up to the dd hubmotor?

What are you using for torque arm?

Photos?

The bomber holds up fairly well and has pretty beefy dropouts, But given the opportunity I'll probably go for some thing with slightly beefier stanchions since i think under full load they are flexing a bit and keeping me from achieving full travel. all in all, I can't complain As for the most part it tracks fairly well, and it was free. If I was shopping from scratch I probably search for some type of dirt jump fork from the early to mid 2000s Just cause they were meant to take more abuse

I currently just have a normal generic ebikeling torque arm, Seeing how this thing was a bit more fun than I expected and was useful for different purposes than I originally had in mind makes me rethink the direction I want to go and it will probably get some love in the near future. While it was originally intended to be some thing cheap and unassuming two pull kids and beach gear around, I've always been a fan of sleepers So if I find a slightly sturdier fork I may just bump up the controller to a 40 amp and get a larger battery For a bit more pull when climbing and try to max out the tire width. At that point I probably will switch to a better quality rim And spokes as i dont feel great about the chinesium stuff that came on it in the long term

Back