C63 circuit breakers rattling when new?

Hey,
I've tried purchasing two different brands of c63 circuit breakers (DETA and Schneider) and they both have some sort of rattle internally. (and yes, it is not the screw-tabs for the wires)

Is this normal or anything to be concerned about?

Architectonic said:
Hey,
I've tried purchasing two different brands of c63 circuit breakers (DETA and Schneider) and they both have some sort of rattle internally. (and yes, it is not the screw-tabs for the wires)

Is this normal or anything to be concerned about?
When in the set position, or when tripped?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For reputable manufacturers, they usually have knowledgeable techs in their tech support depts. Call their TS dept. and ask them about it.

markz said:
Did you purchase from a certified supplier or off of ebay?

Ebay for the Schneider (rebranded as Clipsal) and a major retail supplier for the DETA models. The ebay seller is supposed to be a reputable business though: https://www.sparkydirect.com.au

ZTotally normal.

It is an interlocking system for ganged up contacts. Yours are single (pole), No?

Anyway, when you use the manufacturer pins, in the holes in the sides, to gang up multiple breakers on a rail, the pin rivet uses that lil part ( flappy rattley part) in its action and loads up to tell the breakers next to each other that they are ganged.. mechanically.

Alone it does not matter.

DogDipstick said:
ZTotally normal.

It is an interlocking system for ganged up contacts. Yours are single (pole), No?

Anyway, when you use the manufacturer pins, in the holes in the sides, to gang up multiple breakers on a rail, the pin rivet uses that lil part ( flappy rattley part) in its action and loads up to tell the breakers next to each other that they are ganged.. mechanically.

I don't quite know what you mean, but they are individual breakers.

Are you saying that the 5 pins in the side could be pushed out and replaced with pins that will combine multiple breakers together?

I thought the only mechanical connection needed was simply that of the on/off switch itself? (which can be pinned to other breakers)

Architectonic said:
I don't quite know what you mean, but they are individual breakers.

Are you saying that the 5 pins in the side could be pushed out and replaced with pins that will combine multiple breakers together?

I thought the only mechanical connection needed was simply that of the on/off switch itself? (which can be pinned to other breakers)

Yes. Yes.

No, the pole handle rod is not the only requirement to ganging up breakers on some. They must "know" internally they are ganged up, and the (rivet) pins (on the side) you speak of are different for ganged up ones ( they do things internally) . Double redundancy.

Back