Questions on a 8000w 72v ebike kit was

8000wturd

1 µW
Would like to know the top speed of a 8000w 72v ebike kit with bluetooth from madeinChina. Com I will be getting the 19in rim it's a hub moter and I'll be putting it on a haro bmx bike with 14mm axles in hoping it goes at least 70 mph and has crazy acceleration it's the cheapest kit I can find with the highest watts I will be using drill batterys from harbor freight a couple electric lawnmower batteries that are 52 volts each and 4 amp HR any ideas on a better faster build

Google: endless sphere + death bike

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28921
Brake will be dirtbike based this time rather than the Hayse stroker ace downhill brakes on 8.5" rotors that I used last time, which faded something awful at the death race, and regularly boil and warp rotors on the pink bike.

Doc and Luke's Death-Bike!!
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=60190

Death Bike vs. Tesla Model S P85
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=63107

:D :bolt:

You need to find the kv of the motor, rpm/volt to find out the speed of the setup.

https://ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html
There are other motors if you click all, you can also change the parameters of the motor.

8000wturd said:
Would like to know the top speed of a 8000w 72v ebike kit with bluetooth from madeinChina. Com I will be getting the 19in rim it's a hub moter and I'll be putting it on a haro bmx bike with 14mm axles in hoping it goes at least 70 mph and has crazy acceleration it's the cheapest kit I can find with the highest watts I will be using drill batterys from harbor freight a couple electric lawnmower batteries that are 52 volts each and 4 amp HR any ideas on a better faster build

Battery pack voltage * motor kV = max RPM

rim diameter + (tire diameter * 2) * pi = tire circumference (mm)

max RPM * tire circumference * 60 = mm/h

mm/h * 0.00000062137mi/mm = MPH

Riding this on the streets?

8000wturd said:
Would like to know the top speed of a 8000w 72v ebike kit with bluetooth from madeinChina...I will be using drill batterys from harbor freight a couple electric lawnmower batteries that are 52 volts each and 4 amp HR any ideas on a better faster build

Nobody else was up for giving "8kw on Harbor Freight drill batteries" a reality check?

Part of what I was asking. Rephrased, is this for a 1/4 mile ride, or a street ride?

Yeah, gonna need to parallel a lot of those batteries to go far at 70 mph. Nothing inherently wrong with running a bike on drill batteries, or mower batteries, but at 70 mph, you do drain em fast.

This vanishing range with increasing speed is part of why I went back to gas. BMW 1100 that goes 120 mph, and cost less than some of my e bikes did. At the moment, my only EV is a lawnmower.

The other reason of course, was that e bike that burned my house. He IS on the right track to plan on using as safe a battery as possible. When my 1700wh pile of cheap cells went up, it was a really big fire in my garage.

dogman dan said:
......BMW 1100 that goes 120 mph.......

:shock:
Your dogs must be in great shape by now to run that fast.....

:lol: :bolt:

Dogs are getting real old now. They run about half the yard, then check up and go ouch.

I got more healthy, and started riding scooters for my higher speed riding thrills. Finally strong enough for a really long ride. Today, since my last battery died, I am back to pedaling a bike every day to keep the health improving. But at pedal speed, 4 miles is plenty to get the clots out of the legs, and snot out of the sinuses. I'm still a dedicated bike guy.

The scooter was a large one, and did 80 mph easy, but I wanted the next size up to be able to pass semi trucks on I 10 better. In that wind buffet, you want to get the pass done quick. Kept looking for a good deal on one, but instead found the BMW for $2000. Cheaper than what I put into long range cargo bikes with 2000 wh of battery. It handles the highway so good, I almost doubled the length of rides I go for, along with just getting a bit stronger each year as I get over my long hauler west nile virus.

Its been great social distancing this year. No way covid catches up with me at 75 mph. And when the semis started going 80 mph last spring, I could still pass em easy, at 100 or so. Then slow down when I have a bit of space around me.

Most recently, Joe Biden bought me a 250 Yamaha dual sport motorcycle. That's what I ride dirt on now. After the daily pedal ride for health of course. I figured it was my patriotic duty to stimulate the economy immediately with that check.

My general advice still remains, get a motorcycle to go 70 mph. But 40 mph and under, an e bike is sweet!

dogman dan said:
Dogs are getting real old now. They run about half the yard, then check up and go ouch. ......

Well, with my torn iliolumbar ligament, torn right acl, torn right meniscus, and plantar fasciitis in my right heel, I know how your dogs feel. :oops:

Thank God (and ES) for electric bikes.

I know what you mean about the big-rigs on I10. In 2002 I bought a 19 foot RV built on a Ford E250 that was big and top heavy. I drove from Santa Monica to Pensacola FL and back along the I10 on a 3 month golf junket. It was a nice summer to be sure. However that Okanagan was so top heavy that it would become unstable at anything over 63 mph so I spent most of my time in the right lane cruising along around 60mph. And when the Simi's would blow past me at 90mph, it was always a battle to keep that camper from blowing into the right shoulder.

BTW, I did stop in Las Cruces for a couple of nights, but the golf course was expensive and burned out. I forget which one it was but it was hilly. Anyway, I pushed on from there.

Glad you are getting better!

:D :bolt:

Back