Anybody buy the Ebikeling 3,000 watt 45mm kit ?

999zip999

100 TW
Has anyone bought a e blkeing 3000w direct drive motor trying to find out if they have different windinds ?; what size is the rear axle is that 10-14mm or at 10 -16mm Axle. what should I expect they said they had a 72 volt 50 amp controller and then when he asked if he had a 80amp controller and he replied it's 60;amp ?
Please someone tell me is this just a roll that dice he's in the good us of a. ???

Dude, we keep telling you that your talk-to-text is incomprehensible. Can you take the second to correct it?

Talk to text ? Sorry hard work old man.. I just assumed the word for so easy that talk-to-text would understand. ??? Sorry.
Plus fat fingers.

Lay off those delicious street vendor taco's that are so reasonably priced. :wink:

FYI there have been a lot of people who have purchased lots of stuff from ebikeling, I haven't paid much attention to their street cred but they seem legit and I do remember some ES members testing for them, and some ES members rocking the phones for them for tech & customer service support.

999zip999 said:
Talk to text ? Sorry hard work old man.. I just assumed the word for so easy that talk-to-text would understand. ??? Sorry.
Plus fat fingers.

Okay I dropped a dime on ebikeling and got the 3000 45 mm aluminum stator 890 RPM with half twist throttle.
. This was done talk-to-text I did review it but I am also making pour Rock and installing a wrought iron fence as we speak. Or in between panels.
Just around the corner from Michael Chang's House we worked on it about six years ago he has three lots and a few tennis courts. Oh yeah it's 85 degrees but in two more months will never work out here in coto de caza in the summertime it's over a hundred and Africa hot. Or back to the beach.

999zip999 said:
Oh The complete price was $699 usd and they said it was shipped to my house by April 7th.

Now that just seems way over priced. Gosh have prices gone up that much in 5 years time.

Well it's has a rim for rim brakes or disc. Which I like because I'm trying to weld on hey torque arm disc brake mount but if I can't get the disc and caliber to fit I could always go for the rim brake option oh I don't know if this controller has regen. It's a complete kit with a funky monitor. I've been calling around for a double wall rims for rim brakes and even though I can find one at grins for 39.00 it's 65.00 shipping. Just for the rim then I'd have to get spokes. And muscle that heavy motor into a rim. Yes it's overpriced the controller is too small 60amp and it's not set up for a C.A.
Just check out how much it cost I get a muxus 3000 bare hub delivered and then buy separately a throttle controller spokes and rim. It all adds up Markz.

Yes it does add up. I was thinking bare hub motor delivered, not laced. Buying a hub motor laced into expensive rims the price makes total sense. Rims can get pretty expensive, motorcycle/moped rims are very common. Also bicycle rims can get expensive to, problem could be that the expensive rims are mostly all non rim brake. Obviously you can't have rim brakes with motorcycle/moped rims unless you machine your rim for flat surface the pad can brake on. I'm sure there's been one rare motorcycle/moped rim with rim brakes.

https://www.sheldonbrown.com/brandt/machined-rims.html

I find Grintech shipping to be very reasonable. But then again I am one province east, in the same country, about 750 miles away, using only one shipper, Canada Post I do believe is who they use. I mean I should know it, I just checked days ago.

I still got my factory mxus receipt, somewhere. I remember a 3 in the first digit, so lets say $350usd but I dont know if that included shipping, or not. Probably not. OK lets play along the price list. My bicycle rim was $30usd, spokes $50usd and I laced it myself. I forgot to add in the washers because those flange spoke holes were huge on the mxus.

999zip999 said:
Well it's has a rim for rim brakes or disc. Which I like because I'm trying to weld on hey torque arm disc brake mount but if I can't get the disc and caliber to fit I could always go for the rim brake option oh I don't know if this controller has regen. It's a complete kit with a funky monitor. I've been calling around for a double wall rims for rim brakes and even though I can find one at grins for 39.00 it's 65.00 shipping. Just for the rim then I'd have to get spokes. And muscle that heavy motor into a rim. Yes it's overpriced the controller is too small 60amp and it's not set up for a C.A.
Just check out how much it cost I get a muxus 3000 bare hub delivered and then buy separately a throttle controller spokes and rim. It all adds up Markz.

I use spaim 14/13 but it's butted spokes and put up brass washer by the motor I like to wear brass because it's what they use in bushings some applications and motors don't have Bearing just have a brass bushing.last time I got spokes from Justin it was like $68 shipped but that was 40 spokes I always like to buy a few extra.

999zip999 said:
I use Pam 1413 but it's spokes and put up brass washer by the motor I like to wear brass because it's what they use in bushings some applications and motors don't have Barry just have a brass bushing.last time I got spokes from Justin it was like $68 shipped but that was 40 spokes I always like to buy a few extra.

$1 a spoke is common, and $1.50 spokes are common. @ $1.50 a spoke and 40 spokes that $60 right there, or $1 = $40.

If you need a lot of custom spokes cut, you can spend $150-$200 on a spoke reamer tool to ream (thread) your own spokes. Then you can just buy any length spoke, cut to size and ream. Chain Reaction Cycle had some long spokes, $15 for 40 spokes.

You might get lucky and find some stock spoke lengths that BMX'ers use that suit your needs.

You could use generic spokes which are dirt cheap on ebay. But its advisable to only use brand name components.

Since your in Dana Point So. Cal, I see your so close Huntington and Long Beach and Los Angeles. So you cant go to larger cities where there might be a shop with their own spoke cutter & reamer?
Maybe talk to Pedego at Dana Point and see if they have the tool or know of some place that does -
https://www.pedegoelectricbikes.com/dealers/dana-point
You dont have to buy EVERYTHING online.

Yes my neighbor just open a bike store and I will hit him up. I already got two boxes of tires from him 6 months ago so I guess it's time I get to hit him up again.
Plus the motor is 840rpm at 72v is that a 4t I thought it read 840 RPMs at 48 volts. I wanted a 3t.
What did I get ? Ohh well less likely to melt why do these things melt anyways ? I don't think it has a temp sensor and it's not hooked up for a C .A. So a stand alone C.A. or different controller with C.A. plug and BT. Here we go again.

So it looks like it's only disc brake. Ebikeling told me it was for rim and disc brakes . And was told it had a 60watt controller. But it goes to 50 amps on the sw900 display. As I did ask and got a reply before purchasing. Which was rim brake and 60 amps. Now what ?
The motor has a heavier wire harness then my mxus 3,000 4t. who knows maybe the same factory maybe a different factory it just seems the wires of a heavier gauge.
Plus with the bigger wire's I think I will use the one fat 5mm washer or so the grind a scallop so there'll be room for the wire. Plus I have norlocks 16mm . Then grind the tab off for a 7sp and frame Clarence for the gear cluster in frame.

999zip999 said:
So it looks like it's only disc brake. Ebikeling told me it was for rim and disc brakes . And was told it had a 60watt controller. But it goes to 50 amps on the sw900 display. As I did ask and got a reply before purchasing. Which was rim brake and 60 amps. Now what ?
The motor has a heavier wire harness then my mxus 3,000 4t. who knows maybe the same factory maybe a different factory it just seems the wires of a heavier gauge.
Plus with the bigger wire's I think I will use the one fat 5mm washer or so the grind a scallop so there'll be room for the wire. Plus I have norlocks 16mm . Then grind the tab off for a 7sp and frame Clarence for the gear cluster in frame.

3000W with rim brakes? weld a mount for a disc brake

Yes I have two different sets or styles of thick one's or a piece of stock. I just worry about the it's not enough room for disk cutting the wire. I have enough trouble with wires ?

Eastwood said:

Good rim brakes kick ass. Lame disc brakes don't. It isn't a simple matter of swapping one for the other.

Dollar for dollar, rim brakes outperform discs. They're also easier to live with and they last a whole lot longer.

I work sometimes in a donation based community bike shop. Almost none of the disc brakes that come in are as functional, or as worthwhile to repair, as the rim brakes. So understand you're buying into disposable junk when you get discs, especially hydraulics. Fine for iPhone type guys who buy everything new and fix nothing, but less than ideal for DIYers.

If the controller had variable regen you wouldn't need another rear brake to begin with.

Chalo said:
Eastwood said:

Good rim brakes kick ass. Lame disc brakes don't. It isn't a simple matter of swapping one for the other.

Dollar for dollar, rim brakes outperform discs. They're also easier to live with and they last a whole lot longer.

I work sometimes in a donation based community bike shop. Almost none of the disc brakes that come in are as functional, or as worthwhile to repair, as the rim brakes. So understand you're buying into disposable junk when you get discs, especially hydraulics. Fine for iPhone type guys who buy everything new and fix nothing, but less than ideal for DIYers.

Disc brakes well hydraulic disc brakes are superior in every aspect. most people that are building E bikes are going for performance not what’s dollar for dollar cheaper. It’s a simple solution to convert to disc since he already has a hub motor that will except a rotor. Spend about five minutes welding a mount for the caliper. Why do you think it’s not that simple?

The bikes you’re receiving at the donation place are not high-performance hydraulic brakes either. They’re probably bottom of the line mechanical disc brakes that Have never been serviced, of course they don’t work.

I’m not sure what iPhone users have anything to do with this discussion.

Chalo said:
Fine for iPhone type guys who buy everything new and fix nothing, but less than ideal for DIYers.

So I’m suggesting that he modifiers his bike which would be DIY. Somehow you bring an iPhone users not being DIYers? You sound very biased chalo.

Eastwood said:
Chalo said:
Eastwood said:

Disc brakes well hydraulic disc brakes are superior in every aspect.

You're wrong, and all you're demonstrating is that you haven't tried very many different brakes of either kind.

most people that are building E bikes are going for performance not what’s dollar for dollar cheaper.

That's also contrary to what I see in the real world of the bike shop. $600-1000 e-bikes outnumber good e-bikes, and they all come with garbage disc brakes.

It’s a simple solution to convert to disc since he already has a hub motor that will except a rotor. Spend about five minutes welding a mount for the caliper. Why do you think it’s not that simple?

What isn't simple is getting improved braking by switching to discs. It depends on what he's switching to, and what he's switching from.

Also, having a misaligned caliper tab (because you spent about five minutes attaching it) won't help either.

The bikes you’re receiving at the donation place are not high-performance hydraulic brakes either. They’re probably bottom of the line mechanical disc brakes that Have never been serviced, of course they don’t work.

Donated bikes run the whole range from department store junk to bikes that cost many thousands of dollars new. The expensive discs are more screwed up by the time they arrive than the super cheap ones, because they're hydraulic. But cheap hydraulics are usually screwed up too.

I’m not sure what iPhone users have anything to do with this discussion.

iPhones and hydro discs are both designed to cost unnecessarily much and not to be repaired when they go bad. Buyers who are cool with that program are the target market for both of them.

I will get to it tomorrow and look at how the dmwall
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=11961
Torque arms and see if I can nweld it to my comoly
Giant upland 21in it fits my size. I do have a front fork for both rim and disc brake for the front.
Plus I have a pair of https://endless-sphere.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=19653
Torque arms so between both I will find something or get out the 4in grinder.

So I reviewed the message I sent in the answer I got from ebikeling and he said the sunringle mtx 39 is both for rim and disc brake but it hasn't been machined on the side walls for rim brakes super people isn't able to do. I'm waiting for a reply from him

I have only seen those MTX 39 and MTX 31 rims for disc-only braking.
Going by what you said, you can make any and all disc-only rims into v-brake rims with machined side walls by ever so simply and probably, and more importantly ever so cost effective by simply maching the sidewalls of a disc-only rim to make into a rim brake rim. Sarcasm on simlpy and cheaply and simply machining a rim.

999zip999 said:
So I reviewed the message I sent in the answer I got from ebikeling and he said the sunringle mtx 39 is both for rim and disc brake but it hasn't been machined on the side walls for rim brakes super people isn't able to do. I'm waiting for a reply from him

Back