Speedometers over 100kph/60mph

ebike11

1 MW
Hi guys
I have a cycle analyst waiting for my bike when I return back home but for the time being Im looking for a cheap speedo that can read over 100kph. I searched on aliexpress and couldnt find much. The displays are all 2 digits.
I have a cheap speedo as well and set it at MPH to see if it could past 60 or so...but when it reaches 60 it maxs out.
I know i wont be riding at these speeds regularly but i need a speedo that can go over 100kph for testing purposes on my other bike.
Does anyone have or seen one? Not looking for a huge cluster or motorcycle display. Just a simpler one.
Thanks!

Something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/VJOYCAR-Speedometer-Universal-Original-Motorcycle/dp/B07HQCCFWB/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=speedometer+gps&qid=1618160468&sr=8-8

RunForTheHills said:
Something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/VJOYCAR-Speedometer-Universal-Original-Motorcycle/dp/B07HQCCFWB/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=speedometer+gps&qid=1618160468&sr=8-8

Thanks
Its an option.
But was looking for one without needing gps.
Just typical magnet sensor speedo for bikes but that have 3 digit displays.
Not sure if its possible to find though

ebike11 said:
Thanks
Its an option.
But was looking for one without needing gps.
Just typical magnet sensor speedo for bikes but that have 3 digit displays.
Not sure if its possible to find though

GPS only has issues if you ride in tunnels, heavy tree cover, or in cities with very tall buildings. It seems unlikely that you would be riding more than 60MPH in a city with stoplights and by heavy tree cover, I mean single track trails. Streets don't generally have enough tree cover to affect the GPS. The Garmin edge has the option to attach a wireless speed sensor to the hub of your bicycle, but it wouldn't work on a hub motor as the diameter of the hub is to large. It wouldn't be a cheap option, but if you have a rear hub motor or mid drive, you could put the speed sensor on the front hub. The sensor also works with many of Garmin's GPS watches.

MTA: I have a Garmin Fenix 5 watch and I checked that it displays three digits plus tenths for the speed field: XXX.X. I haven't used it over 32MPH or so though. I have used it with the non-GPS speed sensor and that works fine. While it is not very convenient to look at your wrist for speed, they do have handlebar mounts for the watch.

You could try entering the wheel size doubled. Then 30 mph displayed would mean 60 mph. Not sure if that will work, but it might.

Back