Where is the hb hall sensor on this? It's either the "10 o'clock 12 o'clock 2 o'clock sensor just not sure which

Slatanic

1 µW
e8c99d893e4c904eacb96de252b3fc90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slatanic said:
Where is the hb hall sensor on this?
What is an "hb" hall sensor?

If you are looking for the speedometer sensor, it is the one by itself in the board nearer the axle than the stator.

I thought the wires ha, hb, hc have corresponding hall sensors? I tested it using an ebike tester -hb was the one not lighting up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slatanic said:
I thought the wires ha, hb, hc have corresponding hall sensors? I tested it using an ebike tester -hb was the one not lighting up
Ah. Different equipment uses different markings for various wires. ;)

To find out which sensor is HB, trace the wire from the HB wire to the sensor it connects to. If you've removed the wires, then trace from the HB pad, if you know which one that is.

If you have a multimeter with either 2ohms range or continuity, set it to either of those, black probe in Common/GND, red probe in V/Ohms, and connect black probe to the HB wire, and use the red probe to touch each of the hall sensor pins exposed on the face of that board. If in continuity, the one that beeps is the HB hall. If in 2ohms, then it'll show something close to 0 for the HB hall, and probably OL for the others.

Back