Cycle Analyst - simple mounting bracket

Mclewis1

1 W
I initially mounted my CA (Cycle Analyst display from Grin Technologies) on top of the stem using it's optional steer tube mounting bracket. I found this to be a reasonable position but I didn't like how far down I had to look to read the display. A while ago someone posted a nice 3D printed bracket that mounts the CA using the handle bar mounting bolts on the stem. I'd like to give the individual who created the 3D drawings credit but my Google foo has let me down (can't find the original thread).

I liked the bracket idea but I wasn't going to 3D print it without trying it first. So I built a similar bracket out of thin steel, initially just as a trial run. I used a joist hanger bracket and just cut out a strip about 6" long x 1/2" wide using tin snips. I drilled 4 holes and then bent it back into shape to mount the CA. This has worked so well that I'm no longer interested in the 3D printed version. The bolt to mount it on the CA is from the CA's handlebar bracket. All I have left to do is paint it black.

Here's the bracket still in it's bare metal look. I removed the CA for the 3rd pic so you can see the bends.

Attachments

• New CA bracket 1.JPG
    New CA bracket 1.JPG
    182.9 KB · Views: 256
  • New CA bracket 2.JPG
    New CA bracket 2.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 256
  • New CA bracket 3.JPG
    New CA bracket 3.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 256
Looks clean and simple. I mount my CA low like that too, which makes it easy if I need to flip the bike over for maintenance. Thanks for sharing.

I had considered something similar to above, but I needed a strong base for (evidence) camera and light. Light has since been moved back onto a separate mount and the Garmin (more important to me than CA) moved in front similar to camera. Also added DC-DC convertors for Garmin, Phone (mounted on the stem (connects to a rear view camera) and camera later.
There's a lot of crap on my bars.

IMG_0068_2.jpg

amberwolf said:
Handy. Looks a lot like this one:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=111141

Thanks for the post. That is indeed the one that inspired me. What I cannot figure out is why I couldn't find it in my earlier searches. This is particularly galling to me because beyond being very comfortable with search engines I actually used to work for a company that produced search products :oops:

I'm still maintaining it was a bug in the ES forum ... yeah that's what I'll keep believing :lol:

Back