New battery pack - sourcing question in the UK

drebikes

100 W
Hi all,

I have a somewhat obscure question. Turns out due to Bxit, starting in 2021 when buying stuff from the continent, we need to pay VAT. I have purchased previously battery cells only from nkon.nl, and had very good experience with good quality cells, reasonably fast shipping and very good prices.

My question is, what is the best way to buy battery cells now for us UK dwellers? Is there a good alternative to nkon, or have you purchased anything from them in 2021 and have you had to pay VAT on top?

I want to build a sweet 2170 pack, as my old one (nearing 8 years and 30k km) has just passed the barrier of 3x initial IR and can barely handle the ebike power level - might convert it to solar storage for the shed once the 2170 pack is up and running.

Cheers

D

I’m a Brit and use Nkon (or Fogstar Wholesale in the U.K.)

I think you maybe misunderstood the law change.

Nkon is in the Netherlands and when you bought from them prior to Brexit you paid 20% EU VAT (to them)

When you buy from them post Brexit, you do not pay EU VAT (because the goods are being shipped out of the EU), however in its place you pay U.K. VAT; both are 20%….

So pricing is the same and it should be fine. That said I’m a couple months into waiting for a 60 cell Nkon order that’s made it to the U.K. twice but been rejected and sent back by British customs (with no reason stated, argh)

Fogstar are great but suffering stock issues like others at present :
https://www.fogstar-wholesale.co.uk/product-category/batteries/

Hi Magsy, thanks for the idea, glad to know nothing really changed from us user's point of view.

About the bustoms bit, a friend of mine has a resonable big order from bmsbattery stuck in costoms for several weeks already. Not great TBH

Back