building chopper e-bike

Diddler

1 W
Any ideas per this inquiry. Desire fat rear hub motor on 20" mag wheel type. Desire 1500W with a high am controller. All this in a kit. Any ideas. Various vendors obviously have portions, but none I can identify have all in a kit. Thanks for suggestions.

Diddler said:
Any ideas per this inquiry. Desire fat rear hub motor on 20" mag wheel type. Desire 1500W with a high am controller. All this in a kit. Any ideas. Various vendors obviously have portions, but none I can identify have all in a kit. Thanks for suggestions.

You live in usa?

A 16 inch moped rim will seat 20-inch bicycle tires. You might consider chrome spokes and a fat 20-inch tire for a chopper look.

Also contact dr chopper moser on Facebook. He may have the info you want.

Thanks for the info. Yes, live in Port Saint Lucie, Fl. Any other thoughts appreciated.

Choppers are custom work. You can buy a kit, but you still need to build custom wheels, and to choose a controller for the voltage/wattage that you want to feed. Then you need to assemble a battery in the shape to match the frame.

I believe that you should start with showing us the frame that you want to build.

Wheels, rims and tires to build a chopper can be found at classic cycle: https://classic-cycle.com/wheel-and-tire/rims-wheels-parts/rims/20-inch-rim-406/

Kits, motors and controllers at QS motor:
http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_list_90.html

The mag wheel will be the hard thing to find. But if you can find a spoked wheel motor for 20", a relatively small 500w rated direct drive motor can easily handle 1500w, and in fact I'd go for a 48v 40 amps controller that gives out 2000w peak. Than you should cruise close to 30 mph, and accelerate real nice.

Grin Technology, aka ebikes.ca can build you a custom kit using the chopper rim of your choice.
Spoked wheel.

Looking to find a new or used Micargi Bronco Bicycle frame. Can't locate any vendor currently carrying such. All vendors know not when restocked. Also, have search craigs list and other sources for used Micargi Bronco frames. Any ideas? Or, does anyone know of a MB that's for sale. Don't mind the condition it's in; using just the frame to build a cruiser ebike. Thanks. If needing to reach me off line...contact at NelsonRayBennett1@gmail.com

Back