Help calculate import duties on an ebike from Singapore into USA?

LtHightower

1 µW
I’ve searched through the Harmonized Import System web pages and the USITC gov site and am still unable to find anything like a code/price calculator for what I will be charged on purchasing an ebike from Singapore and shipping to the US.
Does anyone have experience or insight on how I can figure out the costs I’ll incur?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What, a new one, sent by the vendor?

Or one that you've bought and used while there ?

Quite possibly none in either case, obviously better odds with the latter scenario .

In practice you really won't know unless/until you get the bill.

john61ct said:
What, a new one, sent by the vendor?

Or one that you've bought and used while there ?

Quite possibly none in either case, obviously better odds with the latter scenario .

In practice you really won't know unless/until you get the bill.
New from a Vendor there, purchased through their website and shipped to CA. I’ve read that I’ll be responsible for any import tax or fees and wanted to figure out what that might end up being..10%, 15, 20?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a $300 bicycle from CHina in February. It arrived in the USA on 5/14, but sat in US customs for10 days. Then the postal truck dropped it off last Thursday. No duties. I read that it's no duty for a personal purchase under $800 and 4% from 800-1600. After that, I guess you're a commercial importer and pay whatever.

docw009 said:
I bought a $300 bicycle from CHina in February. It arrived in the USA on 5/14, but sat in US customs for10 days. Then the postal truck dropped it off last Thursday. No duties. I read that it's no duty for a personal purchase under $800 and 4% from 800-1600. After that, I guess you're a commercial importer and pay whatever.

Righton. Thanks for the input. Where did you read that about the price and percentage? I couldn't find it in the gov websites and such.

Back