Securing heavy controller

ebike11

1 MW
Hi guys
Can you recommend super strong metal, or other, cable ties to secure a heavy controller to a frame? I have heavy duty nylon ones but Id feel more at ease if I had something stronger.
Id rather not use hose clamps because i need pretty long ties and also the mounting point on the controller are too small for the wider hose clamps

Thanks a lot!

Thomas AND bETTS MAKE GOOD STAINLESS ZIPTIES IN EVERY WIDTH. bOTH PERFORATED AND SOLID STRIP. i LIKE THE PERFORATED ONES MUCH BETTER, THEY never LOOSEN UP.

i USE uline STAINLESS BANDING... i HAVE UP TO 5/8 IN STAINLESS BANDING THAT CAN LIFT A CAR IF NEEDED....

tHE 3/8 IS 1500 LB BREAKING LOAD. uP TO 2,250LB FOR THE 3/4 STRAP. i APPLY ABOUT 800 LB TENSION ON THE ASSY TO HOLD ( CALCULATED).

dONT BUY CHEAP STAINLESS ZIPTIES, THEY ARE JUNK. oNLY BUY Thomas AND bETTS. i REALLY LIE THE LOOK OF THE BIKE WITH STAILESS UNCUTTABLE STRAPS ALL ROUND IT. sOME DONT. yOU REALLY HAVE TO TRY TO GET A CUTTER UNDER A 5/8 WIDE 2500LB STRAP WITH 1000 LBS ON IT. aLMOST NEEDS A GRINDER WHEN i REPLACE ONE HERE OR THERE. cANNOT CUT THEM EASY.,

The perforated zips NEVER EVER loosen.

dAMMIT CAPS LOCK.

This keyboard is trash. On its last leggys. Lol. Srry for the apparent shouting.

Attachments

• STRAP2.jpg
    STRAP2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 131
  • STRAP1.jpg
    STRAP1.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 131
  • PerfvsNON.jpg
    PerfvsNON.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 129
DogDipstick said:
Thomas AND bETTS MAKE GOOD STAINLESS ZIPTIES IN EVERY WIDTH. bOTH PERFORATED AND SOLID STRIP. i LIKE THE PERFORATED ONES MUCH BETTER, THEY never LOOSEN UP.

i USE uline STAINLESS BANDING... i HAVE UP TO 5/8 IN STAINLESS BANDING THAT CAN LIFT A CAR IF NEEDED....

tHE 3/8 IS 1500 LB BREAKING LOAD. uP TO 2,250LB FOR THE 3/4 STRAP. i APPLY ABOUT 800 LB TENSION ON THE ASSY TO HOLD ( CALCULATED).

dONT BUY CHEAP STAINLESS ZIPTIES, THEY ARE JUNK. oNLY BUY Thomas AND bETTS. i REALLY LIE THE LOOK OF THE BIKE WITH STAILESS UNCUTTABLE STRAPS ALL ROUND IT. sOME DONT. yOU REALLY HAVE TO TRY TO GET A CUTTER UNDER A 5/8 WIDE 2500LB STRAP WITH 1000 LBS ON IT. aLMOST NEEDS A GRINDER WHEN i REPLACE ONE HERE OR THERE. cANNOT CUT THEM EASY.,

The perforated zips NEVER EVER loosen.

dAMMIT CAPS LOCK.

This keyboard is trash. On its last leggys. Lol. Srry for the apparent shouting.

Ok thanks
I think those brands are hard to find outside of usa but ill check

Depends of the frame, and location where the controller is to be mounted. I like to insulate the controller from the frame, using a sheet of rubber mat and plastic mounts on which I secure the controller with screws, nuts and washers. Yet I have used big nylon zip ties in the past, with a piece of yoga mat between the controller and the frame, and it lasted tight speeding the mountain trails.

MadRhino said:
Depends of the frame, and location where the controller is to be mounted. I like to insulate the controller from the frame, using a sheet of rubber mat and plastic mounts on which I secure the controller with screws, nuts and washers. Yet I have used big nylon zip ties in the past, with a piece of yoga mat between the controller and the frame, and it lasted tight speeding the mountain trails.
Hi
It would be mounted on the tube facing downwards towrds the front tire...i dont have room inside the triangle itself. Also the controller is heavier than my sabvoton so i worry nylon ones might snap. They did before and also they get more brittle in the winter

Aliexpress is best for me but quality might be an issue...amazon might be good but shipping is high outside US

Back