hp velotechnik heim joints

goatman

10 MW
does anyone know where to buy them for the scorpion fx
or have the specs on them so i can get after market parts?
i they think they call them steering rod knuckles
look like tie rod ends

IMG_20210710_200106.jpg

IMG_20210710_200217.jpg

found the manual

IMG_20210710_203300.jpg

maybe something like this
https://www.amazon.com/POSA6-Right-Thread-Metric-Bearing/dp/B08P14WZ6C/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=m6+male+heim+joint&qid=1625976811&sr=8-4

Try aircraft or race car supply shops. They are commonly used in experimental aircraft control linkages or race car suspension and steering gear. Industrial supply houses also are good supply sources. (McMaster-Carr).
There are varying grades, at varying prices.
Suggestion, for suspension units put a large washer on the "open" end so the rod end can not come completely off the fastener if the ball bushing fails.

good idea on the washer

the thread is m6
i think the 5 size means 5mm hole
lots of m6 with 6mm hole but not with 5mm hole
lots of standard but not metric

keep looking

I'd check the bore size. It is relatively unusual for the shank and bore to be different.
There are some exceptions, but usually the difference is significantly more than 1mm.

Suspect the size rating has more to do with the thickness of the housing and strength rating.

Tractors and Go-Carts use similar parts I believe, though unsure if they'd have an appropriate size for that application.

i wound up buying these ones
https://www.amazon.com/POSA6-Right-Thread-Metric-Bearing/dp/B08P14WZ6C/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=m6+male+heim+joint&qid=1625976811&sr=8-4

I remember heim joints from the old hot rodding days and farm equipment. more durable than one would think but washers are a great back up for suspension. Was surprised when I seen trikes using them for front suspension, why not they work well.

they came in and they fit :D

IMG_20210725_162657.jpg

IMG_20210725_162726.jpg

need to go get some washers before doing the rest
used to be able to go no-hands from 50km/h down to 25km/h but now its 40 to 25 need to give it a half turn and see if that fixes it

When using a washer above the ball for safety, make sure there is enough motion range before contact as the suspension moves.
I've had to put a standard washer below the large one to get enough freedom.

Back