ebike speedometer

minde28383

10 kW
Hi,
speed wire is yellow one according what I found from online shops description. What input it requires to show speed? One of three Hall wires or phase wire or smth else?

Attachments

• IMG_20210714_154957.jpg
    IMG_20210714_154957.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_20210714_154933.jpg
    IMG_20210714_154933.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 322
Either one of the motor hall sensors or an external wheel sensor. There's a huge difference in pulses per wheel revolution between the hall and wheel, so most of those are only going to work with one or the other.

Does it have a way to calibrate the speed?

fechter said:
Either one of the motor hall sensors or an external wheel sensor. There's a huge difference in pulses per wheel revolution between the hall and wheel, so most of those are only going to work with one or the other.

It does have calibration, but calibration is not the problem. Problem is that is does not show speed. We tried to play with calibration, when calibration screw turned to minimum or max - shows 60kmh.

When connected to one of three hall wires it shows 0 kmh.
When connected to one of phase wires it shows 60kmh or 0 or 99kmh.

Controller is sabvoton 72150, voltage 72v, lcd suitable for the voltage. Other people has similar issue, solution or problem is not known to me yet.

minde28383 said:
fechter said:

It does have calibration, but calibration is not the problem. Problem is that is does not show speed. We tried to play with calibration, when calibration screw turned to minimum or max - shows 60kmh.

Controller is sabvoton 72150, voltage 72v, lcd suitable for the voltage. Other people has similar issue, solution is not known to me yet.

fechter said:

Controller is sabvoton 72150, voltage 72v, lcd suitable for the voltage. Other people has similar issue, solution is not known to me yet.

Can't help with your device, but I always track my rides with a gps unit, and it shows my speed, and average speed. Yes it is an extra device, but I like to upload my e-bike rides to strava, and classifying them as an ebike ride, it the ride is included in my ride totals but does not register KOM.

Back