Challenges of Securing Products

Diddler

1 W
I am finding huge challenges in securing ebike conversion kits or virtually any component necessary to build an ebike.

Am I missing something? In other words, is anyone aware of a firm who has figured out how to expedite products from China? I presume I'm in "wishful thinking mode" but thought I'd obtain feedback. Thanks for your observation/experiences.

Everybody and every company is facing the same challenges.

Not just in eBikes.

And getting worse not better

Fwiw, I’ve recently had items shipped from 3 online shops, https://www.cyclone-tw.com/ leafbike.com and ebikes.ca

All of them arrived within a week from half a world away via air mail with zero issues.

Things aint back to normal yet, much as you'd like them to be.

Shipping from foreign countries had always been a risk, but the buyer’s protections had never been so safe as they are now. All major credit cards are offering internet purchase protection, making it safe and easy to obtain a complete refund for a product that was not received, or not conform to expectations as per information provided by the seller.

It is very easy to find and buy all that you need to build your ebike, unless the build plan is so innovative and complicated that it does require customizations from the manufacturers. Ebike kits and components are offered by a large variety of manufacturers and distributers, some of them proved reliable by the experiences of ES members over the years.

The problem for most, is not to find, buy and receive the products; it is to know what they need in order to realize their building plan and performance expectations.

Back