Help Id this bike - 24v ebike

gobi

10 kW
Found this one for $50 on craigs.
Picked it up.

no seat, battery (pouch cells) has swollen, 7s 24v, I dismantled it and saved the bms.

Has PAS only and NO throttle,
Pretty excited to get this going,

1. Is the motor 250w, brushless?
2. What brand is the bike and the motor?

DQOpUKT.jpg

CfwRLF9.jpg

v3BcefJ.jpg

y2L6gL8.jpg

Er8Rdvj.jpg

I would have guessed it was lead acid batteries, I bought a similar bike with the same kind of battery case and it was three 12V lead acid batteries.
Brushed motor? take a look at how many wires the motor has.
Nothing really special about it, no triangle, battery behind seat post so you'd have to build a new battery and use that case.
Its cheap enough to build and ride.

24v could be early enough to be brushed motor. If only two wires go to the motor, definitely brushed. But some brushed motors did have 4 wires, two fat ones and two skinny ones to a thermistor switch.

As for branding, its china. Not a Heinzmann motor, not a Lee Iacoca bike. Lots of those were around in the early 2000's. And brushed motors were common through about 2008.

But if it was lithium powered, more likely it was 2010 or later, and a brushless motor. The controller may have some info on it, like brushed controller or not.

The motor itself looks about the size to be 250w rated, but easily can handle up to 750w, meaning it would run on a 36v 20 amps controller. But small motors like that cannot handle heavy loads. They are perfect if the hills are mild, or the rider is well under 200 pounds with steeper hills. They fry quickly if the rider plus cargo is 350 pounds, and won't pedal at all up a big hill. So no towing trailers with the little motors.

dogman dan said:
24v could be early enough to be brushed motor. If only two wires go to the motor, definitely brushed. But some brushed motors did have 4 wires, two fat ones and two skinny ones to a thermistor switch.

As for branding, its china. Not a Heinzmann motor, not a Lee Iacoca bike. Lots of those were around in the early 2000's. And brushed motors were common through about 2008.

But if it was lithium powered, more likely it was 2010 or later, and a brushless motor. The controller may have some info on it, like brushed controller or not.

The motor itself looks about the size to be 250w rated, but easily can handle up to 750w, meaning it would run on a 36v 20 amps controller. But small motors like that cannot handle heavy loads. They are perfect if the hills are mild, or the rider is well under 200 pounds with steeper hills. They fry quickly if the rider plus cargo is 350 pounds, and won't pedal at all up a big hill. So no towing trailers with the little motors.

d...Dan, the battery has a label with 2014 date, so I am guessing the motor is brushless.
I will open up the controller box this weekend and check the capacitor rating,

It will be nice if it is compatible with 36v, I have a few 36v batteries I can use to try it out.

I weight 200, and the bike is all aluminum, around 30 lbs,
here is a pic of the battery

Attachments

• ebike_batt.jpg
    ebike_batt.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 464
LewTwo said:
That looks like sturdy kickstand :)
I have seen that "S" logo somewhere but memory does not serve :(

good catch,
I goog'd sturdy kickstand and did not find the exact kickstand
So sturdy is an aftermarket fufu kickstand?

gobi said:
good catch,

That was "sturdy" as in the opposite of weak, limp, flimsy ....

Yeah, almost certain that the motor is brushless. But with china, nothing is certain. Could be the product sourced motors made in 2001.

LewTwo said:
gobi said:
good catch,

That was "sturdy" as in the opposite of weak, limp, flimsy ....
2 points of contact, gotcha, lol,

dogman dan said:
Yeah, almost certain that the motor is brushless. But with china, nothing is certain. Could be the product sourced motors made in 2001.

Ok, the only way to confirm that would be to open up the controller box, it is funky has an alu plate over it that held the battery.
I need to figure out how to take it off

markz said:
Whats that squiggly writting say on the handle bar box where it has
CS 3 & 1 _______ Board

here you go
this has a headlight also

Attachments

• lightebike.jpg
    lightebike.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 393
Back