voltage setting on controller pcb. effects ?

rexey64

1 mW
Hi,

on the back side of my controllers PCB, there are little pairs of solderable dots with voltage next to them

(60,64,72,80) i assume by soldering one of those pairs, you chose wich voltage the controllers operates at ?

what happends if i have a 72 volts battery, but solder the 64 one ? or the 80v one ? will there be any difference in power, max speed ?

Probably just the Low Voltage Cutoff, I use a 36V controller with a 52V battery with BMS. If that 52V did not have a BMS then it wouldnt be good for the battery when its drained beyond its limits. If the controller is set for 52V battery voltage cutoff and you use a 36V battery then the controller wouldnt even work.
Max speed is by voltage. 52V is faster then 36V.
You can change the controllers discharge by messing with the wire shunts, either adding more conductor or solder for more amps or shaving the shunt or taking a shunt out for less current discharge.

I played with the Greentime controllers and they have a resistor network for the controllers LVC.
I'd assume its the same way with your solder tabs on the pcb, where it just connects a SMT resistor to the appropriate voltage LVC.

rexey64 said:
Hi,

on the back side of my controllers PCB, there are little pairs of solderable dots with voltage next to them

(60,64,72,80) i assume by soldering one of those pairs, you chose wich voltage the controllers operates at ?

what happends if i have a 72 volts battery, but solder the 64 one ? or the 80v one ? will there be any difference in power, max speed ?

If they do control the voltage options and LVC, then the 64V and 80V look odd, so maybe those are for LiFE cells, which would have a different cutoff than Li-ion.

Back