eggrider V2

cj11363

1 mW
I swapped out the TSDZ2 on a cargo bike with a BBSHD and an eggrider display a couple of months ago, and have been experiencing what I consider to be anomalous behavior.

I've only been about %25 successful when trying to change PAS levels. I have to repeatedly press the up/down button to get it to change PAS level. It often just briefly flashes a PAS number in the display, without actually changing PAS level, and sometimes will eventually change the PAS several levels, in the wrong direction.

I recently tried using a very light touch when changing PAS levels, and that helps. A LOT. However, it does require a calm and considered touch, something I'm not always able to achieve with the 65 lb labradoodle on the back of his bike.

I've used 5 or 6 different displays, on 4 different ebike conversions, and this is the first time I've experienced this problem. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same anomaly ? Does the eggrider PAS button require a light touch, or does my eggrider possibly have a defect.

On my eggrider I can press hard, but it needs to be a quick tap. Sometimes there is a small delay before the display reacts. Maybe under 0,5 second.

I have had problems switching because of the buttons are so close. Pressing the correct button and only one at the time has been a challenge. Not looking forward to cold weather. Thick gloves will make the switching a lot more random. But that will only be 8 months of the year....

I must ad that I have only used the eggrider for 3 days now. Even though it has some weaknesses its strengths are so good that I still rate it 5 stars.

Ask George @ EggRider!

Back