What are the most badass turnkey bikes available today?

HK12K

100 kW
My work has a reimbursement program for sporting goods which includes e-bikes. I tried to get them to cover some recent part purchases and they balked, replying that they've never covered individual components before but would look into it. Radio silence ever since. That said I am now considering making them put their money where their mouths are. So aside from Qulbix and Stealth whom I'm already familiar with, who is making the best spec'd bikes around these days? Talking overall, power, speed, range, componentry, etc.

I already have the Raptor 140 with a QS205, Max-E, 20s. Also have the Revive, leafmotor, Nuc 24f, 18s, which I've had up to 55mph out in the sticks and haven't even turned up the wick all of the way. Point being I've got the bar set pretty high. (and ride with a DOT approved helmet and armored jacket, fwiw)

Must have pedals, otherwise I'd be asking in the other area. Dirt, street, dualsport, could be interested in any of them if they pique my interest.

What's hot these days?

Huuum, this one ? :mrgreen:
https://www.decathlon.fr/p/velo-pliant-a-assistance-electrique-tilt-500/_/R-p-145622?mc=8554706&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvaeJBhCvARIsABgTDM7xj8u_hHHhqWEv2slnpT4kABaefULDAMZ4aGuAqsYoZI4g_do5U_EaAgUhEALw_wcB

Totally depends on what your riding style is and how ebike much is tolerable in your area
Like you dont want a motorcycle looking ebike with "pedals" in the UK but you can in USA/Canada very easy.

Small town, rural. As long as it has pedals and isn't ridden in populated areas like a madman, no hassles. I'm open to any and all options, but it has to have top tier power and range. I'm not looking for a downgrade.

As for the Raptor 140 and Lightingrods kit, I've considered that motor for my existing Raptor, though the QS205 is just fine for the moment. However I'm looking for something completely turnkey, so the company will pay for it... or a good portion of it. Kits and pieces aren't gonna cut it.

Since you have fast hub builds already, Maybe you should try the latest developments with one if the high end lightweight BB drive MTB pedelecs.

b01_DSC07807-1024x683.jpg

Specialized-Kenevo-SL-pack-73cab56.jpg

Not much power in those store bought major brand ebikes.
750W is frocking nothing, I need a minimum of 1500W strictly for the hills and if I want to do steeper, longer hills then double the power.

Talking hills like this
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.0614593,-114.1564533,3a,75y,232.2h,86.53t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sdtzpMPnRPbk6aqYXNzpHqA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

nicobie said:
Maybe you could get a quote from a bike shop for a custom build? The company might go for that if the quote is worded right.
This might be a possibility if I can find a shop to cooperate, which might be easier said than done. Good idea though and the best chance of getting something spec'd exactly as I'd want it. Will absolutely consider it and see if it's an option.

MadRhino said:
Since you have fast hub builds already, Maybe you should try the latest developments with one if the high end lightweight BB drive MTB pedelecs.

They don't really interest me much. Too little power, too little range, too little speed, too proprietary. I could see them being fun offroad, light and nimble and such, but frankly if I were leaning towards something I'd use almost exclusively offroad I'd probably go Sur Ron or full blown E-Moto. Pedals be damned.

goatman said:
easy
milan mk7, only $10,000 euro
and your work will pay for it :lol: :lol: :lol:
between you and Toecutter
one will break a world record
or die trying :D

download (6).jpg

Actually... Not a bad idea. I've wanted a trike for a while and the aero and coverage from the elements would be a huge bonus since I cyclo-commute year round. Pretty sure I have the worlds fastest Giant Revive, might as well go all in. :lol:

I like trikes, for speed I think how the weight should be distributed. More weight needs to be where the two wheels are front or back.
I have thought about hub motors in the front wheels for the weight. Don't thing that would be fast enough for you. Longer trike with mid drive and batteries mounted as forward as possible.

Where's the battery is in the box or is in the backpack ?The Kraken E-BIKE
otisbrown (62)in #blog • 4 years ago (edited)
KRAKEN AWD
12,000W FAT BIKE
$11,999.00
The Kraken has two wheel drive 12000 watts of power with a 6000 watt hub motor on each wheel and the thudbuster rear seat shock.

HK12K said:
...Pedals be damned...

... I've wanted a trike for a while...

Old vid, they had improved since. I saw one with a rain/winter cap.

[youtube]7MiSGGpmHQk[/youtube]

M1Sportechnik if 50 or so mph, good suspension, mid-drive and a US dealer is of interest.

markz said:
Not much power in those store bought major brand ebikes.
750W is frocking nothing, I need a minimum of 1500W strictly for the hills and if I want to do steeper, longer hills then double the power.

Talking hills like this
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.0614593,-114.1564533,3a,75y,232.2h,86.53t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sdtzpMPnRPbk6aqYXNzpHqA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I saw this vid today, showing that BB drives can climb very steep, as long as their drivetrain doesn’t break or the rider stops pedaling. :D

[youtube]e92iJ5bb9Lk[/youtube]

I am apparently very picky.

Gotta lol at 4hp being the highest performing e-bike in the world. Based on my peak wattage draw my Revive is doing nearly10hp. The Raptor, closer to 20hp. Plus the krankd is a kit, so not gonna fly for reimbursement. Also a backpack battery isn't for me. Neat though.

That leaning thing is interesting Probably not for me, but if it's road going only I'm gonna need pedals for compliance so out either way.

The Kraken... 12 grand for a completely rigid bike? Hard pass.

Briefly checked out the sporttechnik site. Only saw a bunch of 250w bikes, unless I missed the cool stuff.

I was checking out the Boxxbike. It has potential, but if work will buy me a Velo..... muhahahaha

highest performing e-bike in the world.

^ More marketing wanketeering

Can just hit up Cyclone for one of their 20+kw motors slapped on their Enduro/Stealth suitcase frame.
How long would that frame hold up, who knows.
You know the big bicycle brands throw money into quality and long lasting frames but they can't build high power units, they have to "comply"

markz said:
The most badass ebikes are the ebikes you build yourself.

Sure but the reimbursement program does require the purchase of an ebike in a legit store. That is why I first suggested an expansive MTB ebike that will be easy to resell eventually. They don’t have high power but at least the components are top quality and the weight is lighter than anything you can build yourself.

Ah yes, your thinking ahead.
Buy the most expensive ebike and sell it to some shmuck
How much would you lose because technically that new ebike is used since you driven the car off the new car lot.

MadRhino said:
Sure but the reimbursement program does require the purchase of an ebike in a legit store. That is why I first suggested an expansive MTB ebike that will be easy to resell eventually. They don’t have high power but at least the components are top quality and the weight is lighter than anything you can build yourself.

markz said:
Ah yes, your thinking ahead.
Buy the most expensive ebike and sell it to some shmuck
How much would you lose because technically that new ebike is used since you driven the car off the new car lot.

I would ride it for a while. Let’s say half of it is reimbursed, I could still make a fair profit selling it used and upgraded next springtime. Means a free ride on one of the best bikes, temper a bit to make it faster, and sell it with a profit since it’s been paid half its cost. I doubt the refund plan does ask for some money back when the bike is sold. It could be sold via a dealership and benefit its new owner a reimbursement too. :D

Back