Bafang BBSHD peddling issues Please help

ryan1685

100 W
I have just done a major overhaul on my bbshd. Replaced the clutch, the steel gear, controller, motor core, ect ,ect ,ect. For some reason my peddles are kind of slack. It is a lot better than when I didn't have the freewheel/clutch properly seated/connected to the main gear and there was absolutely no resistance on the peddles. When I get to the top of my stroke, the peddle want to fall back counter clockwise instead of continuing its motion clockwise. I can get the bike to engaged and move at around 15mphs on the top level of assist, but its a huge balancing act to get the peddles to rotate properly. Have no clue, my only thought is it is something to do with the way I am seated the clutch. Instead of putting it on the splines of the shaft and doing that whole balancing act of spinning the crank while trying get the main gear to mate with the clutch like in the Luna clutch replacement video, I just place it directly in the main gear and press it all together till it sits flush. No clue if that is wrong, frustrated as hell at this point.

Back