Add a Second Headlight

dkoloko

1 µW
How can I direct-wire a second headlight with a switch to the battery? The bicycle is a Benno eScout with always-on lights.

dkoloko said:
How can I direct-wire a second headlight with a switch to the battery? The bicycle is a Benno eScout with always-on lights.

The light you have in mind will dictate whether you need a buck converter to drop the voltage down or not. More details about your battery (voltage), and what light you are thinking about adding would help.

dkoloko said:
Something like this: https://ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/lights/roxim-x4-ebike-light.html

will work for almost any battery system, and includes a switch.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=12-80v+led+bicycle+headlight

Eastwood said:
dkoloko said:
The battery is 400Wh. Have not chosen a light.

What’s the voltage though?

20 questions turns into 40 questions if you need to ask each question twice. Given the information provided and not provided, JackFlorey and Chalo have given workable solutions.

E-HP said:
20 questions turns into 40 questions if you need to ask each question twice. Given the information provided and not provided, JackFlorey and Chalo have given workable solutions.

Well yes they gave him a workable solution but he still has no understanding. I ask him the voltage so I can link him to an actual DC step down.

I now see you already ask him the voltage question too :lol:

Eastwood said:
E-HP said:

Well yes they gave him a workable solution but he still has no understanding. I ask him the voltage so I can link him to an actual DC step down.

I now see you already ask him the voltage question too :lol:

Information and advice not only go hand in hand, but one is dependent on the other.

Back